The SoulCalibur IV Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armour breakable?!? Wow, that seems good.

And Vader is such a badass. Damn, i want him more now. Really really hoping it will be for DLC on X360.

Don't set your hopes to high, an exclusive is an exclusive. They're selling points for the consumer. So if I wanted Yoda, I'd have to get it for 360, same for PS3. So if people want both characters, they have to get both versions.

See how that'll sell more copies then?

Armour breakable?!? Wow, that seems good.

And Vader is such a badass. Damn, i want him more now. Really really hoping it will be for DLC on X360.

Don't set your hopes to high, an exclusive is an exclusive. They're selling points for the consumer. So if I wanted Yoda, I'd have to get it for 360, same for PS3. So if people want both characters, they have to get both versions.

See how that'll sell more copies then?

Only if that consumer owns both consoles. As a purchasable download, they make money from everyone who owns the game.

Yoda's going to be broken, half the combo's you learn to use on Guy A won't be usable on Yoda, you'll need a hole new move list (unless it only consists of mid and low attacks).

Even then, he has an advantage to blocking, it'll feel like sf, only two areas of hit box!~

Don't set your hopes to high, an exclusive is an exclusive.

Are you serious? How many games begun life as 'exclusives' only to be ported to PC or a rival console - RE4, Bioshock etc etc etc. They need only wait a few months to get the bulk of the sales and then introduce the DLC.

That's business right there. They'll make more money when they make each exclusive character up for download. They know it too, hell, they might just do it to keep the life in SC4 after the initial 6 months when the sales will die down to occasional (100 or so) purchase.

For my self run 10 people or so tournaments for this game, I'm banning the character exlusives anyways. I'll also avoid any Yoda players on live. I'm a tourneyfag and I don't care about the extra characters.

according to what I've read on joystiq he's gonna be on both versions.