The SoulCalibur IV Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is definatly going to turn into 360vps3 thread again.

is there going to be an arcade release of this?

None announced, but there will probably be one 6 months afterward.

It's not even finished yet! Besides, I'm sure the game would be delayed if Namco wasn't satisfied. But a little slowdown can probably be fixed in a few weeks.

I hate vs. threads, especially when the game isn't even finished...

It's a news thread, punk. And if a little slowdown could be fixed in a few weeks, we wouldn't have had the PS3 Orange Box a month late and still terrible.

Anyway, here's a vid of Vader, in HD. He's still one good thing the PS3 has under its belt, even if only for a limited time.

And what do you mean limited time? 360 has Yoda, PS3 has Vader. Live with it and stop being an xbot.

I mean those exclusive characters and more 'guest characters' will come as DLC to both systems down the track. Why getting so touchy? Feeling that without Vader you're going to have a tougher time justifying that massive brick of a purchase? PS3 will have MGS4 and little else. Live with that.

This wasn't a fanboy thread, but you PS3 campers sure get upset easily.

yeah, stop hating on the PS3. >.<

Where's the hate? Did I make this up, or sneak into the Namco offices and sabotage the PS3 port? I'm as surprised as anyone else at this and just reporting the news. Sheesh. Get lives.

Well, BK is our resident cranky old man / bitcher...

That hurts Agozer :)

It's not even finished yet! Besides, I'm sure the game would be delayed if Namco wasn't satisfied. But a little slowdown can probably be fixed in a few weeks.

It's a news thread, punk. And if a little slowdown could be fixed in a few weeks, we wouldn't have had the PS3 Orange Box a month late and still terrible.

Anyway, here's a vid of Vader, in HD. He's still one good thing the PS3 has under its belt, even if only for a limited time.

And what do you mean limited time? 360 has Yoda, PS3 has Vader. Live with it and stop being an xbot.

I mean those exclusive characters and more 'guest characters' will come as DLC to both systems down the track. Why getting so touchy? Feeling that without Vader you're going to have a tougher time justifying that massive brick of a purchase? PS3 will have MGS4 and little else. Live with that.

yeah, stop hating on the PS3. >.

Where's the hate? Did I make this up, or sneak into the Namco offices and sabotage the PS3 port? I'm as surprised as anyone else at this and just reporting the news. Sheesh. Get lives.

I enjoyed reading that.

yeah, stop hating on the PS3. >.<

K. EA ported the Orange Box, not Valve. That's why it was late. People who didn't even make the damn game had to deal with the port... and it's EA...

The PS3 is getting a lot more than just MGS4. Just because we have to wait doesn't mean we're not getting it. The way you say things makes the PS3 sound like it's a crappy console.

Here's my opinion of a crappy console:

33% Failure Rate - I like to be secure in my purchase and not play russian roulette at the check out counter.

Pay for Online - I'm already paying my cable modem bill, why more?

No Standard HDD - Sure, we get installations, but we also get faster loading and streamable games. Got that? Nope.

No Wi-Fi?!?! - No need to say a word.

No HD out of the box - Buy a blu-ray player, you'll like the quality. Oh wait, buy a PS3.

Bottom line is, I do not go around defending the PS3 until some asswipe comes out and acts all fanboy on a general game site. You should be ashamed of yourself for blindly screwing bill gates up the ass with your wallet.

I'll enjoy SCIV on my PS3. As well as playing Vader EXCLUSIVELY. Get that, know what it means, it means it's not going to the 360. I'd love to have Yoda flipping around all over the place, but I know what the word exclusive means.

Edited by Gouken

The thing is, you are defending the PS3, saying "your not going around defending it like bill gates...." only proves it, thus making the majority of your words make you appear as if you have that "I'm always right" complex, so no matter what the argument, and the outcome, you win, good strat, I'm pretty sure everyone around here will agree that you aren't a fan boy after your last statement.....

Anyway, my hunch on why the port, they where either lazy and didn't want to figure out the entire PS3 scheme of things (programing), or didn't have enough time. I still say D. Vader is > Yoda, but I tend to fight for the force! The dark side cookies are soggie.

33% Failure Rate - I like to be secure in my purchase and not play russian roulette at the check out counter.

The PS3 had a 100% failure rate. They're all useless. Nearly all of the games are bad or multiplatform.

Pay for Online - I'm already paying my cable modem bill, why more?

A flaw of the 360, but not the Wii.

Standard HDD - Sure, we get installations, but we also get faster loading and streamable games. Got that? Nope.

This goes back to point one. I don't want to spend time installing and streaming Daikatana.

No Wi-Fi?!?! - No need to say a word.

Again, 360 flaw, but not the Wii's.

HD out of the box - Buy a blu-ray player, you'll like the quality. Oh wait, buy a PS3.

Honestly negligible. I didn't notice the difference between VHS and DVD, and I haven't noticed the difference between DVD and blu-ray.

This is coming from someone who has owned or had access to all three current consoles. I don't play any of them a ton, but the PS3 was so unentertaining it was sold. I tipped someone off to its existance while I was working backstock at Target, we just sort of had extras (I didn't find a Wii until a year later, for comparison). I suggested they sell it, but instead they kept it. Then after almost not touching it for half a year, they decided to sell it. The first time I tried using it I couldn't even figured out how it worked, which I would consider a flaw. It was certainly easy to figure out how to work a Wii and 360, again, for comparison.

Eventually I reached the OS menu and managed to start up a copy of the multiplatform game uh...Marvel something. It was pretty fun, but multiplatform, and the controller felt weird.

3060000000053666GIF0.gif

They do at least have normal controllers in a style that I prefer above the Wii's and 360's. I'll give it that. But until it gets something other than FPS and gritty action games, I'm just not interested. I'm probably not going to buy one anyway, because it's just too expensive to bother.

For me, I need at least 15 games to get excited about for me to justify a PS3 buy. So far, only MGS4 and FF13 hit that list. I don't give a crap about Tekken 6, I can play that in the arcade with people who are actually good, doubles for any fighting game on PS3. Even with it's region-free system, I do not see alot of people beyond hardcore gamers taking advantage of it (har har, we want itz in english!), I'm not flocking towards it (lol fighting games? get out, I go to the arcade. RPGs, english prefered even with my limited japanese reading).

Well, steering the derailed thread back on topic, here is some Yoda gameplay.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34530.html

His movements seem pretty fluid and agile, although he reminds me of that cretin Gon from Tekken 3, where he was nearly impossible to hit due to his height.

Vader

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34526.html

He broke Hilde's armor!

Well, steering the derailed thread back on topic, here is some Yoda gameplay.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34530.html

His movements seem pretty fluid and agile, although he reminds me of that cretin Gon from Tekken 3, where he was nearly impossible to hit due to his height.

I wonder if he'll be as cheap as Link was on GC SCII... Well, either way they're doing a pretty good job on him.