The SoulCalibur IV Thread

Having seen the game running on both the 360 and PS3, we're a little worried that the PS3 version suffers from significant slowdown as opposed to the extremely smooth 360 build, but it's still early. These problems could very well be addressed in the coming months. Until then, we can't wait to get even more hands-on time with the next iteration of the Soulcalibur series.

I don't mean to start a fanboy thing about this, but I'm surprised that a Namco game would be developed for the 360 and ported over, and not the other way around. There are less than 60 days until this game is on shelves, so really they don't have all that much time to do anything about 'significant' problems that are still around now.

Anyway, here's a vid of Vader, in HD. He's still one good thing the PS3 has under its belt, even if only for a limited time.

Source: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/876/876773p...mp;RSSid=876773

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their just lazy to optimize the PS3 build. Although 360 to PS3 port building seems easier to do then building the game side by side.

It's not even finished yet! Besides, I'm sure the game would be delayed if Namco wasn't satisfied. But a little slowdown can probably be fixed in a few weeks.

I hate vs. threads, especially when the game isn't even finished...

Anyway, here's a vid of Vader, in HD. He's still one good thing the PS3 has under its belt, even if only for a limited time.

And what do you mean limited time? 360 has Yoda, PS3 has Vader. Live with it and stop being an xbot.

Edited by Gouken

Well, BK is our resident cranky old man / bitcher, so what can you do. He can hate all he wants, and you don't have to put up with it... but I'm not going to start "herding" him just because you have to put up with his bitching.

We are all entitled to our opinions, no matter how right or wrong those might seem to others. Still, Don't judge a book by its cover - Let's see how the final product really plays.

I think the hype for the PS3 that has been made is more illusion than a reality. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great console but people expect things way higher than they are and that makes the console look bad. But by no means terrible.

I think the hype for the PS3 that has been made is more illusion than a reality. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great console but people expect things way higher than they are and that makes the console look bad. But by no means terrible.

Pretty much what I think on the PS3. I know I defend the 360 from time to time and hate on the PS3, because let's face it, the PS3 has the worst PR in the world.

Pretty much what I think on the PS3. I know I defend the 360 from time to time and hate on the PS3, because let's face it, the PS3 has the worst PR in the world.

It's Ridge Racer! Riiiiiidge Racer!

I love to hate the PS3, because it's pretty much terrible. I'm not going to right now, though, I'm just going to laugh at it for being worse than the 360, even if only in Beta.

I love to hate the PS3, because it's pretty much terrible. I'm not going to right now, though, I'm just going to laugh at it for being worse than the 360, even if only in Beta.

It can't be any worse than the Wii.