Favorite Street Fighter

Diso

Well.. Ryu! (gosh that was a hard one ;))

Ryu always to me has been the best character.

However now of days he's a really boring character to pick. He was great for the original Street Fighter games but now it's just stupid how they made him look and also his moves. He was also though a great character in the Street Fighter Alpha games. I remember going to Pizza Hut just to go play it. :)

For me it is the Ken/Ryu pair and Chun-li. Ken/Ryu compliment each other that it is hard to choose which one is better. Chun-li is the original fighting babe plus her quickness and kicks always came in handy.

Gee....I wonder!

I got it! Gouki aka Akuma. I don't get it though how come Bison is Vega and Vega is Bison for the Japanese versions. And they also changed Akuma's name to Gouki. Am I missing something here. ;)

In japnese. According to Rag,

Bison was vega. Vega was Balrog, and Balrog was Bison for supposently a joke of mike tyson or something like that.

So I guess US changed that so they wouldnt get sued ;)

Yep, thats what I heard Diso and Gamecop. It was supposed to be play on words but they changed it because they didn't want trouble with Tyson (who would ;)) I like the changed names better though, they fit the character better if you ask me. I can't picture Bison as Vega...

Gouki and Akuma are technically two different entities as well.

Gouki is the man, brother to Gouken.

Akuma is the demon that posseses Gouki.

Good job! But no. The head of Capcom's American office wanted Gouki to have a more "demon-like" name. Also something that didnt sound too Japanese. Gotta love those Americans!

I still don't aknowledge the American name changes.