Problem with packet capture

rockethamster

Hi,

Writing a little app to capture packets and save them to a file. Works fine, packets captured perfectly. Now for the massive noob question: What format does rxRawReadPacket() return its packets in? i've been trawling though captures all day comparing the hex in my captures to wireshark captures i was running at the same time, can't match anything up!

Someone slap me if i'm being an idiot and missing something extremely obvious please :)

In retrospect, i could have made that a lot clearer, but i was semi delirious from exhaustion.

What i'm doing at the moment is setting a channel to listen on, reading packets using wifi_rxRawReadPacket() and dumping them to a file. I'm not connected to any AP. I've worked out that i'm only getting broadcast stuff, is this because i'm not connected to an AP? Tried to figure out what's in the packets too, and it's not matching up with my wireshark captures at all. This would probably be the WEP encryption, yes?

If i connect to an AP, will i get normal traffic? Has anyone tried anything like this yet? I looked at the wifi_lib_test packet sniffer, it seems to be doing the same thing, all destinations of packets are FFFFFFFFFFFF.

Any help would be appreciated, i'm trying but i'm new to this stuff.

• 1 month later...

can you give me that homebrew unfinished and i will test it for you by trying to record my wifi packages and try to crack the wep . can you give me the link or something. PLEASE!!. i dont care that is unfinished but is to try it!! :P

• 1 month later...

Sounds Super Nice! a app to capture Packets whit nds and save them to SD, WOW.

Can you put a download link/script/screen or something of your app online ???,

how more pupil can try the app how faster pupil can figure it out, to help you and of curse to test the packet capture NDS app.

I hope that you are willing to do that.

Edited by MadD