Resident Evil 5 Crap

These are excrepts I stole from another site because the main site doesn't seem to have it working.

Excerpts taken from gamesradar.com

If it wasn’t for the new features the game would read like a massive re-skinning job, but thanks to the inclusion of God Hand’s dodging abilities and a fully integrated online co-op story there’s enough on the new features front to avoid those damning accusations of cashing in on the same idea.

Like Gears, the entirety of Resident Evil 5 features jump in/jump out gameplay with the AI taking over the reigns of our mysterious female mercenary when you’re playing alone.

New to Resident Evil 5’s combat system is the ability to lock to a wall and fire around the corner.

With all this excitement it’s easy to forget the rest of the package. Resident Evil 5 doesn’t just feature a story; there’s the returning Mercenaries minigame and a whole host of other extras that are still safely under wraps. We’ll admit to being just a wee bit concerned when it was revealed Shinji Mikami would not be heading up the production of Resident Evil 5, but in spite of this loss on the development team the game is looking like the ultimate game of the series.

40210027gz2.th.jpg 55923622pf2.th.jpg

88830237as8.th.jpg 48003764wa6.th.jpg

34662244bd6.th.jpg 88453405vp1.th.jpg

full gallery of the new screens can be viewed here

So yeah, got it from here.

I can't reach anything from either link, are they trying to change it to an FPS? I was worried with the gameplay changes between three and four already, even though they turned out okay. I'm not sure if it could survive a switch into a different genre, though.

I can't reach anything from either link, are they trying to change it to an FPS? I was worried with the gameplay changes between three and four already, even though they turned out okay. I'm not sure if it could survive a switch into a different genre, though.

No, it's still RE4's scheme, but they've added more GoW-like elements.

I never really understood why Resident Evil 4 was so highly rated. I found the game average, and the control scheme was slightly broken.

RE4 is so highly rated because it brought the franchise back into the spotlight solving ALOT of issues the past games suffered from. While their the pre-RE4 games are great, EVERYONE hates the control scheme of it. Even with the little adjustments they did over time, it isn't enough to solve the problem that the controls were difficult to navigate. The offset was the story of the game was cheesy as hell that made it great game to play. Until you know, you had to move.

Now wait, this is what I'm worried about. When did Resident Evil get DMC style movement? Do I just have memory that poor?

Uh, not really. Movement was a big issue since the series began. I don't think you could of made 4 with the classic RE control scheme. It's just too fast.

But in short, never. Remember one of the RE4 builds became DMC. RE5 is just taking several liberties that were made in GoW and putting them in RE5 but still maintaining the RE4 gameplay.