New capcom vs series coming supposedly!

But seeing how SSS didn't get alot of attention, such as being passed up at this year's Tougeki (very big deal in fighting games, considering the amount of hype SSS has gotten), leads me to believe it didn't exactly fail, but it didn't meet expectations as predicted.

Tougeki felt even a less popular game like Hokuto no Ken and even a brand new game like Arcana Heart 2 made it into this year's competition.

Why do you think SSS didn't exactly fail when Tougeki passed it by? ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason this game does not interest me at all. Hope it is an awesome game though. Been dieing to play a newish decent fighting game besides VF5.

I've lightened up on the whole Tekken 6 thing. Been playing it every week and its really not that bad. I don't like what they've done to Bruce- his new Muay Thai 'stance' mixups are a waste of time- but Feng and Dragunov (my other 2) got some nice new toys.

The graphics are still disappointing, but it really could have been worse. The hit effects and SFX are awesome though. Finally I can beat Azazel... now just working on that massive robot creep. Got her down to 10% once.

Not that its a convenient game to go and play atm, but look forward to the PS3 release of it.

Yes, I don't think Tekken 6 is that bad either! The funny thing is that it's also the most played arcade game in Japan right now too! :P

Why? How could Tekken 6's graphics have been better? You're having problems with Nancy MIS47J? I have checked Tekken Zaibatsu and a couple of veterans there recommend:

just SS and spam U/F+n,4

Need a video of someone beating Nancy? I got at least one for you and it's my favourite character Kazuya too! ;)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=sDNJvGA5ito&...feature=related

Did you want a longer video showing many characters beat Nancy straight from the Japanese Tekken 6 professionals themselves? You got it!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Xmm7CZS50

Yeh you should come back again- all the DR machines at the arcade we went to have been replaced by badass HD T6 cabs.

WOAH! Do you mean the deluxe cabinet, that features four 32" inch monitors with 720p output, and run arcade operators a cool 4.48 million yen or about $42,000 US and that also includes a live monitor at 42" for viewing TEKKEN-net matches? :thumbsup1:

We don't have Tekken.net here at all. The machines around here are paired 32" 720p cabs with massive stereo speakers on each side. Which is still pretty badass.

On the topic of graphics, it's good, but could have been a lot better. The geometry is really rough- just look at those stage collapses to see that point. Also water effects are very basic and character texturing isn't so fab either. It really looks like they wrapped higher-res skins around slightly higher poly T5 models and called it even. Animation is nice, for the most part but sometimes it just becomes obvious that the old rigging is still being used.

And thanks for the Nancy vids too.

We don't have Tekken.net here at all. The machines around here are paired 32" 720p cabs with massive stereo speakers on each side. Which is still pretty badass.

On the topic of graphics, it's good, but could have been a lot better. The geometry is really rough- just look at those stage collapses to see that point. Also water effects are very basic and character texturing isn't so fab either. It really looks like they wrapped higher-res skins around slightly higher poly T5 models and called it even. Animation is nice, for the most part but sometimes it just becomes obvious that the old rigging is still being used.

And thanks for the Nancy vids too.

Ah! I see; I've only seen those in photographs so yes, those are truly awesome! I on the other hand can only dream of such Tekken 6 cabinets because my arcade's two Tekken 6 machines are only housed in those cheap Versus City cabinets. :thumbsup1:

I don't know about how poor the stage collapses really are since the only other 3D fighting series I know of that even had stage collapses was the Dead or Alive series. How do the stage collapses compare to the stage collapses in the DoA series?

The funniest part is those PS3 fanboys keep ranting about how awesome those "water effects" are! :lol:

Octave Engine in Tekken 6 makes waves

Character texturing? Do you think the character models and textures used for Virtua Fighter 5 are better? :banghead:

The character textures in Tekken 6 are about even with VF5's (the 360 port, not the arcade version), but VF5's modeling is far and away better. T6's characters have more jaggies, more aliasing and, especially the characters with more bare skin in their costumes, look significantly less lifelike than those in VF5.

Also, if those PS3 fanboys are talking up those water effects, tell them to have a look at the GoW2 Unreal Engine 3 effects on the 360. That is what water should be like, especially in a fighting game like Tekken 6 where 75% of the product is Tekken 5 and the rest is tweaks and new technology. More effort can and should have been spent on things like this.

The character textures in Tekken 6 are about even with VF5's (the 360 port, not the arcade version), but VF5's modeling is far and away better. T6's characters have more jaggies, more aliasing and, especially the characters with more bare skin in their costumes, look significantly less lifelike than those in VF5.

Also, if those PS3 fanboys are talking up those water effects, tell them to have a look at the GoW2 Unreal Engine 3 effects on the 360. That is what water should be like, especially in a fighting game like Tekken 6 where 75% of the product is Tekken 5 and the rest is tweaks and new technology. More effort can and should have been spent on things like this.

Yes, I agree with you on the character models there especially on the character select screen. :thumbsup1:

Those PS3 fanboys will probably point out how water effects that will be used for a game to be released late this year should not be compared with the water effects in a game that was released last year though. :banghead: