I need help with FBAxxxPro

So I dropped down to this version:

FBAXXX (18/07/2006)

And everything seems to be working alright, I have all of my KoF (94-98) games running, and I got Metal Slug 1-4 to start, but 4 just dies about 5 seconds into the game. Nice lock up screen, and it doesn't seem to use the hardware or software filtering.

I am wondering if I need the mslug4nd rom as well as my mslug4 one.

I am also trying to figure out how to not show 3 duplicates for Metal Slug 3.

And if my xbox could run ubuntu with compiz.... I would cry tears of joy.

I like gnome, screw kde... lol

As Kenshiro said, just run your roms through Romcenter using the FBAxxx dat from 1.28, then you won't have to change versions. Every time you change versions some other roms will likely get 'broken'. If you just do this one scan and fix what needs fixed now then you will be sorted. Btw, any roms that you are having difficulties with, you could post their size+contents for other members to compare with.

Good luck :thumbsup1:

FBAXXX (18/07/2006)

And everything seems to be working alright, I have all of my KoF (94-98) games running, and I got Metal Slug 1-4 to start, but 4 just dies about 5 seconds into the game. Nice lock up screen, and it doesn't seem to use the hardware or software filtering.

i think you do need metal slug4nd,what about metal slug5 are you not interested in that one.

FBAXXX (18/07/2006)

i think you do need metal slug4nd,what about metal slug5 are you not interested in that one.

I put that in there with it, but it doesn't seem to make a difference with it locking up, but now the filtering seems to be working properly, so... I really don't know.

Well, I actually have the metal slug 4 and 5 xbox game, I was just trying to get them all to run out of the same area. So having 4 and 5 running through FBA isn't that big of a deal for me, other than I would rather have it look clean, and just use the bookmark system to point to all my emulated games. But that might take me a long while.

i got metal slug4 to work on fbaxx2007.

try this rom

mslug4.zip and it should be 60mb.

if you use this rom on your version of fba then you should be fine.that version of fba you are using is not the pro version,so try that rom and it should work.

i got metal slug4 to work on fbaxx2007.

try this rom

mslug4.zip and it should be 60mb.

if you use this rom on your version of fba then you should be fine.that version of fba you are using is not the pro version,so try that rom and it should work.

I have mslug4 and it's at 60.7 meg, I also have the mslug2nd and it is 13.5 meg.

FBA sees it just fine, it just won't play it.

download the latest clrmampro add your fbaxxx pro 128 dat to its directory.then load the profile from the fba dat.next goto options and set add path to your directories with roms next set rompath as your directory for the conversion. select rebuild roms (again set the rom pathwhere it will dump)select start.after that u should get a semi decent set of roms for fbaxxx

pro. btw use pro 128 its better but thats just my opinion. fbaxxx and fbaxxx pro are essentially the same but the latter has updated roms.