U.S. Soldier Riddles Koran With Bullets In Iraq

Well, i guess Islam is the most misunderstood religion in the world, no doubt fuelled by the so-called "liberator for islam"/"terrorists". Example are few but it is enough to instill fear.

All religions promote peacefulness. It is us human who go and flock up the teaching and intepret it as God's will to purge others of their beliefs.

About shooting other religious books, I believe the Bible was destroyed countless times. I remember specifically Marilyn Manson do that. Did the Christianity community bay for his head? Condemned the act, yes, but not asking for his head. The Bible, the Christianity has been made fun of many times in countless ways but does the community feel the need to pursue "justice"?

What I am trying to say here is Muslims always overacting or too easily provoked or short tempered. Case of example: the "perceived" insult of Muhammad in a cartoon by the Holland newspaper. Immediately, Muslims around the world crying for blood and "justice".

Tell me which religion is giving off the negative images here?

I do understand that Islam is all about peace, patience etc etc. But the actions of Muslims did not promote the religion so.

again, when marilyn manson is occupying your country, THEN you can ask me if someone overreacts or not.

and actually, they DID ask for his head... they didn't get it, but they asked for it.

so where's the problem? that the heads of the council asked for the solider to be punished and not just given a slap on the wrist?

i'm a muslim, and others like me haven't gone to the call of "blood" as you say... so how are you grouping "iraqi muslims" into "a community"?

besides, they said they would stop assisting the us military unless they got an apology... would you really want to work with someone that disrespects you?

jerry falwell,

ann coulter.

people that won't vote for obama cause they think he's a muslim, george bush (a very religious christian accordingly) proclaiming a "crusade", christian people that sign up to the usa miltiary specifically cause 'they want to kill muslims and sand niggers"

Pat Robinson....etc

doesn't seem like the actions of christians are doing much to prove that christianity is a peaceful religion now either eh?

give ANYTHING enough media and publicity and it'll immediately make a mountain out of a molehill.

so where's the problem? that the heads of the council asked for the solider to be punished and not just given a slap on the wrist?

i'm a muslim, and others like me haven't gone to the call of "blood" as you say... so how are you grouping "iraqi muslims" into "a community"?

He never specified Iraqis. He said Muslims, the vocal Muslims, call for blood. And they do. For every little thing. It's all about symbolism with them, or so it would seem. Muslims being slaughtered out in the desert? Meh- war's war. But draw our prophet or shoot our holy work and we'll kick up a stink about it.

besides, they said they would stop assisting the us military unless they got an apology... would you really want to work with someone that disrespects you?

Who disrespects them? The entire US military? No. Just the one soldier. Why should the institution apologise on his behalf?

Oh wait a second...

Are you now taking the view that the act of the individual is entirely representative of the group?

If so, who cares that you don't call for blood? Who cares if not all Muslims are the same? The vocal ones who cause a ruckus in the media and the ones who fly planes into towers should be enough of a basis for us to judge them all.

Right?

jerry falwell,

ann coulter.

people that won't vote for obama cause they think he's a muslim, george bush (a very religious christian accordingly) proclaiming a "crusade", christian people that sign up to the usa miltiary specifically cause 'they want to kill muslims and sand niggers"

Pat Robinson....etc

doesn't seem like the actions of christians are doing much to prove that christianity is a peaceful religion now either eh?

And they all speak for Chistianity, do they?

Choose a position and stick to it, ffs. If you want to walk into a thread with this pissy knee-jerk disgruntled Muslim thing going on, don't shoot down people. Especially the more reasonable ones. Oath.

If this whole incident proves anything, its that the Muslims with big mouths are a touchy bunch. Exhibit 3 billion and 1; Mr. Yagami here.

maybe i should get out of here before i'm hung and quartered or something?

Maybe. Or maybe you should stay. Islam could always use more martyrs, right?

You know Blackknight, i dunno but a statement like :

sounds VERY un-mod like. in fact, that could be very easily perceived as a threat and/or religious slur.

just to point something out, i've been here for quite some time, and i am quite well known to be level headed and mature. The nature of your response is quite.... well alarming considering you're a mod.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.

I'm currently in the middle east.

i currently watch middle east tv and read mid east media.

I fail to see the "upheaval and call for blood" that you're talking about.

i haven't heard about ANYONE sans the iraqis even talking about this, UNLIKE the whole cartoon fiasco.

so what are you talking about exactly?

and yes, the institution SHOULD apologize for it, do you know why?

Islam doesn't have a command structure, it's not a political entity, no one is answerable to anyone (we don't have the Equiviliant of a pope).

in the army, a solider is the responsibility of his commanding officer, and so on and so forth. in fact, i'd be surprised if his seniors didn't turn to him and say "ARE YOU BLOODY STUPID?! DO YOU WANT TO GET US KILLED?!" and whacked him on the head with a clue stick.

If you fail to see that the military is responsible for an apology, then i guess Japan really should NEVER EVER EVER apologize for the "comfort women" in china by the Japanese now should they? I mean, why should the japanese military/government apologize for actions taken by some of it's soliders and commanders?

This is about IRAQI MUSLIMS asking for an apology from AMERICAN SOLDIERS for an act of disrespect to the people they're sided with. Did any violence occur from this act? not that i've heard of no. Has anyone been murdered/embassies blown up over the act....etc? again not that i've heard of... so hmm, maybe asking for an apology IS the levelheaded thing to do?

i didn't see them asking british or coalition troops for an apology now did they? why? cause they didn't do crap!

Again, the leaders asking for an apology from their supposed allies is fine and dandy, the people calling for blood? some iraqi muslims and some muslims, not leaders .. but then again, all those racists killing and attacking and insulting muslims on a regular basis in the USA aren't representatives of the us or the us military now are they?

so make up your mind.

That's a bit harsh :P But Bk is only joking, Elazul.

As I mentioned, i am not saying that ALL Muslims are bad. It is only a percentage of people which give the wrong impression to the people about Islam. And you can argue the same about Christianity (like what you have done).

The reason I am more critical to Muslims is because I can see the example in my country. DO not forget that I am living in Malaysia, where we are supposed to be a secular country according to the country's Constitution.

unfortunately, the present government deemed it fit to "islamize" everything in every aspect of life, be it education, media, or council laws practise. Also, the Islamic laws perceived here are treated as the ultimate and impose to all sundry regardless of religions or culture. We have a bed-ridden old man who is dead and was about to be buried as a Buddhist when a son who was disowned by his family for becoming Muslim came back and claim that his father had converted into Islam few months back. And by Islamic laws, his inheritance will be for the nearest Muslim relatives, which is him. And he won the case because the case was viewed under the Islamic court where the non-Muslims can't fight back whatsoever. Where is justice?

Or the case where a couple was fined for holding hands in a park? Deemed unislamic. Or the case where an American old couple who is trying to set up their second home in Malaysia but was harrassed by Islamic officers who try to barge into their house claiming the wife is an Islam and demand to see their marriage certificate in the middle of the night? And guess what did the couple do after that incident?

Or the case where they ban the usage of the word "Allah" (Arabic language for God) in the Malay-language Bible because the Islam group claim the word is for ISLAM to use only?

Or the case where the Islamic "police group" go to night clubs and nab the Muslims there for drinking and partying? What they do is right, but what they did after that is so unIslamic it makes me puke. The women

were asked to parade into a room and assumed sexy poses. Some of them were confined to small rooms with no toilet and ask them to relieve themselves in the same room if they need to. Oh, what so Islamic about all this?

And finally, those Islamic leaders where they preach on living in following the Islamic rituals, especially on 5 times prayers, fasting, no achohol drinking, no vices and they are caught pratically doing that.

i rest my case. Elazul, I know you might not be one of the above mentioned but the example seen here is enough to turn anyone off Islam.

oh, and finally this will take the cake. The Islam group would sometimes go to rural areas and entice the poor natives in the jungle to join Islam by offering RM50 cash. Look like money is religion too.

This is about IRAQI MUSLIMS asking for an apology from AMERICAN SOLDIERS for an act of disrespect to the people they're sided with. Did any violence occur from this act? not that i've heard of no. Has anyone been murdered/embassies blown up over the act....etc? again not that i've heard of... so hmm, maybe asking for an apology IS the levelheaded thing to do?

i didn't see them asking british or coalition troops for an apology now did they? why? cause they didn't do crap!

Well, maybe you are saying the IRAQI Muslims are asking for an apology BUT the INDONESIAN Muslims and some MALAYSIAN Muslims DID ASK for blood.

I don't blame you though as you won't get the news about what happened here though :) But i think you would at least get the video of them burning America flags :P

i see your point about what's going on in malaysia, but then again that's a political movement really, i'm sure the vast majority of muslims in malaysia have nothing to do with it don't you think?

but i understand your point perfectly.

Still, what does that have to do with what's going on in iraq?

as for your second post (about the calls for blood) i addressed that already in the post you were responding to, or were you referring to malaysian muslim leaders?

i see your point about what's going on in malaysia, but then again that's a political movement really, i'm sure the vast majority of muslims in malaysia have nothing to do with it don't you think?

but i understand your point perfectly.

Still, what does that have to do with what's going on in iraq?

as for your second post (about the calls for blood) i addressed that already in the post you were responding to, or were you referring to malaysian muslim leaders?

1st of all, the acts that I mentioned above are done by everyday normal Muslim citizens (unless I refer to certain groups which are government servants), especially on the act of calling for blood due to this incident.

What did they do? They marched to the US EMbassy, burnt effigy of Bush and US Flags and call for their heads (or American heads). ANd this not some propaganda news from the West but our local news.

Political movement? Or should I said religious movement or cleansing act? And majority of Muslims in Malaysia DO act like that. Ritualistic to a fault and cannot tolerate what other religions did. One case in point: all schools are barred from selling food for lunch or breakfast during Ramadhan because it is fasting time. And they forget that we have non-Muslims study in schools, do they? Christians have been trying to apply for permits to build churches but was denied for 50 yrs? And the land they want to build on was private and not even udner government? And why do they need licenses in the first place?!?

I do envy the religion tolerance in Egypt. It is known that churches and mosques can co-exist side by side there. Not here. Heck, we even have a temple forced to be torn down just because the temple was build taller than a mosque which is some 5km away.

Ah well, I've been rambling. I do know you get the point though :P Sorry for being long winded.

Islam doesn't have a command structure, it's not a political entity, no one is answerable to anyone (we don't have the Equiviliant of a pope).

in the army, a solider is the responsibility of his commanding officer, and so on and so forth. in fact, i'd be surprised if his seniors didn't turn to him and say "ARE YOU BLOODY STUPID?! DO YOU WANT TO GET US KILLED?!" and whacked him on the head with a clue stick.

That's a convenient way of looking at it. You could say both are just social structures- one organising itself under their ranking superior, and the other under their god.

In any case I'd agree if he received an order from an officer to do what he did- then it would find its way up the chain of command and you could blame the whole thing on the US military. But he didn't- he went off and did something questionable on his own. He shouldn't stand for the entire US population, or even just the Army- he acted on his own. That's the beginning and end of it.

Actions of whoever shouldn't be able to be cast over their religion / nationality or whatever group affiliations they might have. You mentioned the Japanese but the same thing happened here (Australia) with all those 'stolen generation' issues. I don't feel any responsibility for what British colonists did more than 100 years ago, and don't believe my head of state should formally apologise for them on my behalf. I've done nothing wrong. The US brass, I think, has a right to feel the same way.

Then again, while we're apologising, what about the countless terrorist acts that various Islamic groups have claimed responsibility for? Demanding a 'sorry' from an officer for this GI shooting up a book would be just as ridiculous as any authoritative figure in the Islamic church being required to apologise for any of the countless bombings over the last 10 years.

Wow,

I never knew 1Emulation was so fueled with anti-islam sentiment.

Despite this statement being charged with more than a tinge of sarcasm, it is plainly antagonistic toward everyone who offered their views in this thread. That said;

that sounds VERY un-mod like. in fact, that could be very easily perceived as a threat and/or religious slur.

just to point something out, i've been here for quite some time, and i am quite well known to be level headed and mature. The nature of your response is quite.... well alarming considering you're a mod.

If you come in here and take a sarcastic cheap shot at everyone on the other side of the religious fence, you should expect the same sarcasm and impertinence in a response. Or should people with 'Staff' attached to their names not be held to the same politically-correct standards as Mods?