Guitar Hero 4

Latest Game Informer spills beans on cymbal-enabled drum kit, character and guitar creation, song-creation toolset, and music sharing.

Earlier this week, rumors surfaced that the the June issue of Game Informer would be jam-packed with details of Activision's Guitar Hero 4, due out this fall. That issue has since arrived in subscribers' mailboxes, confirming the accuracy of the original post and providing more details on developer Neversoft's second crack at the rhythm gaming franchise.

As initially revealed by Activision CEO Bobby Kotick in a recent interview, Guitar Hero 4 will add drums and vocals a la Rock Band. Game Informer's feature includes a shot of the referenced drum kit, which includes three pads, two elevated cymbals, and a pedal (as opposed to Rock Band's four pads and a pedal). For those keeping track, that means the Guitar Hero 4 kit has one extra input than the Rock Band equivalent, raising compatibility questions for the two series' instruments yet again. The developer is going wireless with Guitar Hero 4's drum pads, and will be making them pressure-sensitive so the game can tell if players are wailing on the drums or meekly tapping them.

The details in Game Informer also clear up the mystery surrounding the "innovation" which Activision promised was coming to the Guitar Hero series in a recent earnings report conference call. The article outlines the game's studio mode, which will give users a variety of ways to create their own songs. Players will be able to jam along with one of the game's existing tracks, record songs as they're played, or meticulously detail note charts.

As rumored, the game will also allow users to share the songs they create. Players will initially only be able to upload five songs for others to enjoy, but if those tracks are rated highly by other users, the creators might "get signed," raising the cap to 10 songs or more.

Sounds good especially about the drums being able to tell how hard you are hitting them. I wonder if Rock Band will follow?

Source HERE

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is, WTF UP with RB2?

I mean, only people that are going to buy RB2 now are those that havne't already bought, GH4, or REALLY love the kareoki that considers a high pitch low.

Honestly, how can you improve the Rock Band forumla without overexcessively complicating it? Adding a high hat makes it harder. Pressure senative drums, great idea, but those things are going to be have to be built a hell of a lot more strudier, and have to be build to accomindate the people who don't go hard rock smash on drums also.

I'm just glad Harmonix is concentrating on their DLC-xpac line up then Rock Band 2. Kool Thing just came out and it's sweet (as a new Rock Band owner :3)

I just dont see the point of these type of games......meh!

You mustn't have any friends then to enjoy the hard rock life :shootem:

so you enjoy the hard c*ck life. ^_^

I don't know what cocks have anything to do with this...

My e-peen is pretty big as is. I dunno why I'd want it any longer then it is now when I actually do play guitar in real life.