Project ***CoinOPS REFINED***

BritneysPAIRS

Somebody tell me what BP is looking for. I haven't kept up with the thread for a while. I probably have a spreadsheet compiled already with a lot of testing done that could be comared against when others test.

If I've got what he's looking for I'll release it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody tell me what BP is looking for. I haven't kept up with the thread for a while. I probably have a spreadsheet compiled already with a lot of testing done that could be comared against when others test.

If I've got what he's looking for I'll release it.

The link to the spreadsheet is a few pages back. The games have to be tested with the latest CoinOPs+. A chunk of games have been tested already but then everyone stopped. It's been dormant more or less for weeks.

wait the sheet says ALL the mortal kombat games are "GOOD" does that mean they ALL work WITH sound o0!!!

Read over to column 'E'. Sound is a 'NO'. Sure if you have that pack then you have your trilogy in perfect working order anyway :P

BP said he may be able to integrate part of the 0.72 code needed to run MK1/2/3 at near full speed with sound. It could still happen!

wait the sheet says ALL the mortal kombat games are "GOOD" does that mean they ALL work WITH sound o0!!!

Read over to column 'E'. Sound is a 'NO'. Sure if you have that pack then you have your trilogy in perfect working order anyway :)

BP said he may be able to integrate part of the 0.72 code needed to run MK1/2/3 at near full speed with sound. It could still happen!

but NOT ultimate mk 3 i WISH!!!!! unless theres away to hack that mk pack and get it working??

Glad to see this is still being worked on.

I'm busy putting perfect screenshot/title screenshot/boxart/cartridge packs on XPORT emus and I'm currently converting over 700 SNES videos to xmv format for previews in NES's new SNES emulator. (All Atari systems and the NES are completed now and they look great) So I'm a little busy to work on this at the moment.

Cool spreadsheet. If I get some time I might give some input. I've got plenty of notes on keymapping fixes and other stuff. I thought you needed a spreadsheet, but it looks like that's already taken care of.

What exactly are you looking for BP? I don't want to waste any time doing things that aren't going to help your project.

Let me know, and I'll get to it when I can. Converting these videos for SNES takes a crazy amount of time so I'm sure I can work on it during the downtime.

~Rx

• 2 weeks later...
What exactly are you looking for BP? I don't want to waste any time doing things that aren't going to help your project.

I believe it is simply playing the games in Coinops+, noting how well they play, how good the keymapping is, if sound works, etc, and suggesting fixes for things like keymapping. Pretty simple task, disappointing it has gone so slow. I for one am starting to chip in right away. How hard a task is it to play games?

Oh - and put me down as one who would kill a man in front of his own mama for working sound/speed in midway games. The original Mamex seemed to handle this a lot better, not sure what has been lost in the new ports?

• 4 weeks later...

hi bp.

i was trying out coinops yesterday and i accidently deleted my primal rage2 rom and so i tried downloading again but it was missing files and the roms i found were all the same.i do remember it was a bigger rom and i remember that you tried it before.could you tell me what size your primal rage2 rom is please so that i can narrow down my search thanks.

also is there any new features added to coinops?

thanks as always fum.