Project ***CoinOPS REFINED***

BritneysPAIRS

I got all the roms from the orig. coinops release and from coinops+. However, the roms are a mess according to the included dat files. Do I fix them with the dat files, or leave them as is? And do I add the missing ones as well?

you shouldnt need to,all the roms work fine as they have all been tested before it was released.you can add roms if you want,just remember to scan for new games.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got all the roms from the orig. coinops release and from coinops+. However, the roms are a mess according to the included dat files. Do I fix them with the dat files, or leave them as is? And do I add the missing ones as well?

I haven't had the need to use the dats at all. The roms work as is. I'm assuming the extra roms included in the dats are if you wish to add games off your own bat. 100s of games are compatible with CoinOPs that have been removed for various reasons, or have yet to be added. But the roms included with the builds are all working 100%.

what should we be looking for when we test?

sound/controls?

after testing to we edit the C column on the spreadsheet at all or just the other columns DEFG

Pretty much all the games should be fine as they are, if not -

Sound Y/N - Some of the games have sound disabled, others don't have sound either way. If it has sound there is no need to say anything.

Keymapping - Most games are 2 button. We are aiming to map all those to A (Button 1) and B (Button 2). If they aren't then leave a note to say so. If a game feels too sensitive, eg some Steering Wheel/Dial games, then mention it. Or some games aren't/weren't mapped to the d-pad or stick, eg Arkanoid was mapped to the L/R triggers, then mention that also.

Speed - If you know for a fact that the game isn't running as it should, ie as it does in Mame for the PC, then say Sluggish. If it is then BP can eliminate the sound to see if it runs any better. No sound + game is better than no game at all.

Non-English - I noticed that some games used the Japanese rom when the perfectly good World/US variant was available and working. If you notice that the rom is indeed Japanese/Asian or whatever then say so. Even though these roms will likely have NO non-english text, we are aiming to stick to US or World if possible.

Hope that helps :shootem:

Havent looked at it to much... finished the GUI and also looked at the new drivers a little. But its really up to you guys if I continue on with this or if I work on my own build some more :) get the testing done 2 roms have been done in 5 days at this rate ill release a new build in a few years from now

I just got the new version of CoinOps running (3rd Quarter). It rocks! :thumbsup1:

Question though...I was running mameox version .79 and it had demolition derby in it and it worked fine. I noticed with this version (I used roms from CoinOps and CoinOps 2nd Quarter) it was removed. How would I go about adding it back. I tried just uploading the .zip file and scanning for new games, but that doesn't appear to work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.