Project ***CoinOPS REFINED***

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neo Geo stuff will never leave this EMU as they work pretty well and alot of people wont use 2 GUIs

That's the thing. The 0.84 core doesn't support all the NeoGeo and CPS stuff, whereas FBAxxx does, and it handles some games better. It also has the 'moves' for most of the games which can be very useful, a record/replay function, the save states work perfectly, screen adjust, a load of filters, commands view etc. I'm not knocking CoinOps because I know you probably have the ability to add all those features I mentioned, I'm just saying that most people are already using 2 GUIs as it is. Hell, if you consider most folks are also emulating SNES, Genesis, NES, PSX etc, they are using maybe 10 or more GUIs anyway.

As long as you still release CoinOps as a standalone, as well as one with all the roms, then I'm over the moon :huh:

Btw, I think the Google spreadsheets was a good idea, then everyone will have access to it to make changes. A master copy could be saved elsewhere by a few people in case something happens to the online version. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long to go through all the roms that way, if everyone chips in.

As I say it built this for simplisty most people dont use all the features you mentioned they just want to play SFA2 and it will do a pretty good job of that...

I dont have time to manage a spreadsheet sorry set all up etc Ill need someone else to manage it.

I dont have time to manage a spreadsheet sorry set all up etc Ill need someone else to manage it.

Yes that's no problem. I'll set one up on Google and save one locally too. I just need the list of games to start it off and I can start testing as soon as I can :huh:

Start with list from coinops + 2nd quarter

add

loderndf

mt_soni2

mt_sonic

quartet2

opwolf

othunder

also anyone can send me a link for a rar with screenshots taken from those build to remove ill consider them. I will give you a folder of screenshots in 2-3 days of games to remove. It wont be any major game but the sooner I know the issues the sooner I can make a Refined version to tidy up the loose ends for everyone

:huh:

Ok, I started off a Google Spreadsheet here. Anyone can edit it as it stands. If anything happens to it I have a backup xls saved locally. I'm currently adding game names to match the zip files, and the list only includes the roms from the first Coinops as they are the bulk of them.

Feel free to go and add/edit it :huh:

Cheers gavin ill take a look...this will save me alot of time to really help get things perfected :)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pNr...udEQ&hl=en#

is the place to help us all out to perfect this thing

Gavin19 is running it all can help.. I will pin this to the First Starting thread

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Start Testing guys :) just a few games a day will help.

New quick sort modes (this is disabled if the sort mode is locked and not on Sort By Back Button)

X = Change to Sort by Name

Y = Sort By Game Type (no longer superscroll as left / right is now)

B = Sort By Most Played and jumps to the top of the list for the most played

:)

Also an option to disable Quick Keys is also added

Edited by BritneysPAIRS