California Court Affirms Right to Gay Marriage

Gryph

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/16/us/15cnd-marriage.html?hp

Same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry, the California Supreme Court ruled Thursday.

The court’s 4-to-3 decision, striking down two state laws that had limited marriages to unions between a man and a woman, will make California only the second state, after Massachusetts, to allow same-sex marriages. The decision, which becomes effective in 30 days, is certain to be an issue in the presidential campaign.

I'm honestly all for this. I don't see why two people of the same sex who love each other shouldn't be able to enjoy the same rights as a couple as everyone else. While I don't think that churches should be forced to marry them (that should be left up to the sect, whatever), I do think that the state, being agnostic by construction, has no right to tell gay couples that they can't get married under state law.

A side note -- Hating gays seems to be one of the last few bigotries that is socially acceptable, and I'm always glad to see ridiculous hatreds of any sort being forgotten and the opposition just having to learn to deal with it.

I just let people live the way they want, if they smoke that fine, if they are gay that fine, they are fine as long as they don't rub it in or promote it, let nature take it course. People telling how other live is not fine, that just selfish, arrogant and fascist.

Btw, I'm straight, an atheist, politically incorrect and that the way I want to live, I don't encourage people to follow and that would of been selfish of me!

sure, let them do what they want, isn't living in the same house, sharing a bank account, paying taxes as one unit not good enough for them?

I still think gay people have problems...

Bulls are stupid enough to try to have sex with a steer, but we are not cows now are we?

I'm cool with gays.....as long as they don't flaunt and act as if being gay was the best thing in the world, which to my experience, is a good majority of the gay population.

sure, let them do what they want, isn't living in the same house, sharing a bank account, paying taxes as one unit not good enough for them?

I still think gay people have problems...

Bulls are stupid enough to try to have sex with a steer, but we are not cows now are we?

what

when gay people start acting like the opposite sex , then i can't take it anymore. besides that, if ur gay and want gay sex then go ahead but don't start talking like a woman or aggressive like a man, it freaks me out. Trannies are the worse :D

when gay people start acting like the opposite sex , then i can't take it anymore. besides that, if ur gay and want gay sex then go ahead but don't start talking like a woman or aggressive like a man, it freaks me out. Trannies are the worse :D

Gay is gay. Trannies is trannies. They are different type of people.