**** CoinOPS+ ****

BritneysPAIRS

ok my xbox is refusing to transfer anything with a + in the filename, and two dat files on the coinops+ have them

CoinOPS+ (CLRMAME).dat

CoinOPS+ (Romcenter).dat

so i renamed them without the +, is this normal? seems to work fine

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the new version of CoinOps running (3rd Quarter). It rocks! :thumbsup1:

Question though...I was running mameox version .79 and it had demolition derby in it and it worked fine. I noticed with this version (I used roms from CoinOps and CoinOps 2nd Quarter) it was removed. How would I go about adding it back. I tried just uploading the .zip file and scanning for new games, but that doesn't appear to work.

I tried using Clrmamepro but I'm clueless as to how to use it much less accomplish what I'm looking for. If someone can send me the .zip file, I'd be happy to test and report back that it works for inclusion in the Revised edition...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I also posted this in the CoinOps Revised thread by mistake and I don't know how to remove it...sorry for the cross-post.

Question though...I was running mameox version .79 and it had demolition derby in it and it worked fine. I noticed with this version (I used roms from CoinOps and CoinOps 2nd Quarter) it was removed. How would I go about adding it back. I tried just uploading the .zip file and scanning for new games, but that doesn't appear to work.

I tried using Clrmamepro but I'm clueless as to how to use it much less accomplish what I'm looking for. If someone can send me the .zip file, I'd be happy to test and report back that it works for inclusion in the Revised edition...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes it should work, unless the driver has been removed. It is in the clrmame dat though. Just load the dat into clrmame in Profiles, then set a folder for it to scan in options somewhere, can't rem exactly now. Just put that 1 rom in the follder, should be demoderb, then use Scan. Over at the left you will see an option to fix the file. It may just need renamed, or internal files fixed.

I'll try it later when I get home. Good luck!

Yes it should work, unless the driver has been removed. It is in the clrmame dat though. Just load the dat into clrmame in Profiles, then set a folder for it to scan in options somewhere, can't rem exactly now. Just put that 1 rom in the follder, should be demoderb, then use Scan. Over at the left you will see an option to fix the file. It may just need renamed, or internal files fixed.

I'll try it later when I get home. Good luck!

Thanks for the advise. Apparently, I'm too much of a noob to get it to work. Is there somewhere I can get a step by step? Or, have you had a chance to test?? Perhaps someone has a soft spot in their heart to PM a zip that I can just drop into that folder?

Thanks again. This board is amazing.

Thanks for the advise. Apparently, I'm too much of a noob to get it to work. Is there somewhere I can get a step by step? Or, have you had a chance to test?? Perhaps someone has a soft spot in their heart to PM a zip that I can just drop into that folder?

Thanks again. This board is amazing.

I got it working, scanned the roms 'demoderb.zip' and 'demoderm.zip', only one unecessary file needed removing. You need to remap the Left/Right controls to left/right on the d-pad to get it to steer. Otherwise it seems to work perfectly.

Thanks for all your help. I got the files loaded, screenshots added, catver.ini updated and I am good to go.

I would like to fix the number of players thing, but can't figure out where it's stored. It's not even that big of a deal because it works!

I can not extend my appreciation enough.

Thanks for all your help. I got the files loaded, screenshots added, catver.ini updated and I am good to go.

I would like to fix the number of players thing, but can't figure out where it's stored. It's not even that big of a deal because it works!

I can not extend my appreciation enough.

Good to hear. Stick around and you may just be able to help the next guy! Also check out the Google spreadsheet mentioned earlier in the thread, test a few games to help out :freakingpissed:

Edited by gavin19

Good to hear. Stick around and you may just be able to help the next guy! Also check out the Google spreadsheet mentioned earlier in the thread, test a few games to help out :P

I'd be happy to. PM me where to get a rom set you want me to use. Are we testing against 3rd Quarter?

Good to hear. Stick around and you may just be able to help the next guy! Also check out the Google spreadsheet mentioned earlier in the thread, test a few games to help out :P

I'd be happy to. PM me where to get a rom set you want me to use. Are we testing against 3rd Quarter?

All the roms you need are in the original CoinOPs, plus around 38 extra games added with the 2nd Quarter release. Use CoinOPs+ to test any roms you like.

I have installed coinops+ in my xbox and something it's wrong after the new scan of games there is 0 available and no screenshots :S

I've erased the previous coinops2 UDATA & TDATA folders and copy the new one but..... it doesn't work.

What happen?