**** CoinOPS+ ****

BritneysPAIRS

landmark the only old issue some people had was a controller in port 4 or something like that try using 1 controller in port 1 and see if the issue goes away

In fact I've got an extensive setup with three 2.4 GHz receivers for wireless controllers at ports 1, 2 and 3 and an infrared dongle for the DVD remote at port 4. I was anxious to try out your recommendation - but I'm afraid it has nothing to do with the controllers.

Things lock up at the same point of time even if only one classic wired controller is attached to port 1.

I removed all my previous install leaving only the roms and screenshots folders. Then I went and removed the old TDATA/UDATA folders and made a clean install of CoinOps+. No roms would load at all. I went back into TDATA/UDATA and noticed some old folders from previous versions of Mameox/CoinOps etc like '4d414d45', while the new CoinOps is '4d414d49'. So I deleted all folders '4d414d4x' leaving only '4d414d49', went back into CoinOps and it all worked great. Why there would be any conflict there I don't know, maybe there wasn't and it was purely coincidental, but you could try it all the same if you too have those folders.

Also, have you been able to use other versions of Mame at all. Mameox, Mamedox, Mameox128 etc? Just to try to rule some things out.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got mamex-b6,mameox.72 and mameox128plus on my xbox and when i installed coinops+,i just overwrote the existing files and deleted the gamesave for the old version,worked no problem at all.

:)

Fixed dual monitor games to play on single monitor and 3 monitor games to play as if it was 2monitors..... a bit wirerd but best comprisimes and makes them playable on single monitor...

stuff like tecmo bowl and warrior blade are alot better this way

ive got mamex-b6,mameox.72 and mameox128plus on my xbox and when i installed coinops+,i just overwrote the existing files and deleted the gamesave for the old version,worked no problem at all.

Guys,

I did make a super clean install of CoinOPS+.

But there are problems with its interface here at my Xbox.

The overlay info (who shows the genre and other info of the game) is

floating in the top left area of the romlist, UNDER the name of the games.

I can't read anything there because letters get scrambled/mixed.

I can scroll the games normally, but there is a mess of letters on

the top left corner.

Moreover, I can't reach the view mode "BY GENRE", it simply

does not exist here. I have "BY NAME, BY YEAR, BY TIMES PLAYED, ETC, ETC"

and a view named "INVALID"... I assume that the missing BY GENRE turned into this INVALID.

The tearing problems were eradicated indeed.

Thank you BP for this!

Things that could be wonderful to have in the final version:

- THE COMMAND LINE LAUCHING

- NUMBERS displaying the DIMENSION (width x height) of the SCREEN on the SCREEN SETUP METHOD

These are the only things I really want for CoinOPS

As I said before I want to setup several different CoinOPS for several different

resolutions games --- RUNNING on POINT (not linear, anisotropic etc)

to get rid of the hell of the blur in the image.

Starting these many CoinOPS by a specific game shortcut will

work fantastically fine on XBMC.

Regards,

Cospefogo.

Man ive tested many times on 6 xbox and you guys have to many builds I know its not installed correctly :) these problems are due to bad installs or bad downloads... remember the 2 xbes are linked and the save must be rebuilt for the new version as it doesnt match the old version.

I know the issue here and its a mix of builds....... I will have to stop suppling patchs as people are getting confused and missing stuff up.

CoinOPS REFINED will be a while I guess and an end to end overhaul of each game and some features. I have fixed many unplayable games lately :P when it coes it will be a whole new install but each game rather than tested to be working will be tested to control correctly (eg I fixed Operation wolf and operation thunderbolt in the drivers... I fix hangon in the drivers)

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

I know the issue here and its a mix of builds....... I will have to stop suppling patchs as people are getting confused and missing stuff up.

Man,

Look what I did:

- Erased through the file manager both occurences of 4D414D44 (The old CoinOPS) from TDATA and UDATA

- Overwritten all files INSIDE CoinOPS folder with the newest ones right from CoinOPS+ RAR

- Started the EMU (I forgot to copy the new saves) and got a BLACK screen

- Then I remembered about the saves and copied the TDATA and UDATA stuff (4D414D49) to inside E partition

overwriting the 4D414D49 stuff recently created by the black screen boot.

- Then I entered in the emulator and it started searchng for new games, processing CatVer.INI and all

that stuff

- And finally opened in my screen, with the interface scrambled

Am I missing something?

Cospefogo.

ill need more info to fix that and its only of minor importance to me sorry... there must be something about the names or captisalising or something that is blocking them.... do some investigation please :)

i converted all the roms to lowercase and everything is working now :P

worked on first boot,now im cruising around the gui playing games.i will be testing shortcuts and smb soon BS or someone who knows the proper format for the shortcut files. if u can post an example on the right format thatd be awesome i just tried

<shortcut>

<path>E:\Emulators\CoinOPS\default.xbe</path>

<label>Art of Fighting 2</label>

<thumb>E:\Wide_Icons\aof2.png</thumb>

<custom>

<game>aof2</game>

</custom>

</shortcut>

that booted me into the the gui so i tried

<shortcut>

<path>E:\Emulators\CoinOPS\MAMEoX.xbe</path>

<label>Art of Fighting 2</label>

<thumb>E:\Wide_Icons\aof2.png</thumb>

<custom>

<game>aof2</game>

</custom>

</shortcut>

and it locked up my box. if i figure anything out ill post back.

also wonering if i set up smb though the network option the name server is my smb share and i then add the smb to rom directory? any help is appreciated

\

i just noticed my punctuation didnt post correct the above shortcut files were supposed to have proper spacing.

just a reminder as of april the xbmc dev removed the shortcut options so i f u want to use shortcuts youll either have to compile your own xbmc or use a build pre april 2008

Edited by mtsaint

Hi and thank you for this great work !

I just would like to know if it's possible to change the path of the roms?

or create a ini file because their isn't one to configure.

My roms are on the partition F and I can't access to them in the options.

thank you