what emu/games are you playing on your xbox?

fumanchu

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A real one? Or the emu with roms?

If you want a real one:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?LH_AvailTo=3...p3286.m63.l1177

The emu with full set, you're asking the right person in Fu.

lol man they're quite pricey aren't they!!! must be proper collectable.

You are right FU is the one to ask, I found a link (from him) on another site lol

Fumanchu... aka "The Link Master" lol. ;)

Forgot about Strider 2 (haven't played it yet)! I guess Strider knock-off would be a better word.

strider 2 is a great game and a brilliant follow up with great level design,it was only released in the arcades on ps1 arcade hardware and the ps1 port is a perfect port.

the game plays great on pcsxbox,i would suggest hunting it down.

oh yeah and the sharp x68000 is my fave console/computer emu after the megadrive and snes.

Strider 2 also works fine in MAME on your PC.

might as well revive this old bugger of a thread.

been playing a LOT of osman and im working on getting a 1cc on this game.not easy though but the boss patterns are easy to learn its more the platform elements of the game that are more challenging.

also been playing the brilliant and underrated sharp x68000(x68000x) emulator on xbox.

been playing thunderblade on x68000x,an almost arcade perfect port.cant find any vids of this one.

also been trying out cotton on the sharp x68000,again another arcade perfect port,better than the ps1 version in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R4yzGPwyBw

graidus2 also on x68000x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OymQS_a-T90

Cool, the X68000 looks really good, tried googling to find a copy with games etc no joy ;)

could you point me in the right direction 0'knowledgeable one :)

EDIT:

actually scrap that someone was cool enough to put up a megaupload link on t'internet so found it :( cool

for anyone using the x68000 emulator then to get the best out of it use these options for better sound and smoother scrolling.

in the options

speed:16mhz(xvi)

opm volume:16

pcm volume:16

mcr volume:16

i find these are the best options to use and with the cpu speed set at 16mhz the games load quicker.

cheers for the x68000 tip, i have tried it and removed it a lot of great games were in a foreign language and I was having trouble not having a keyboard and mouse anyhow gave it a blast...

Just ordered Midway Arcade Treasures 3 for RUSH 2049 - I used to have that game on my dreamcast and it was my fave whoever thought of putting jet thrusting wings on a car to control the stunts is a genius in my book.

3 - 2 - 1 RUSH lol

watch this guy make that course look easy - I never did beat that one maybe this time I will (when it arrives lol)

one of the best driving games ever imho

Edited by sbpaabck

cheers for the x68000 tip, i have tried it and removed it a lot of great games were in a foreign language and I was having trouble not having a keyboard and mouse anyhow gave it a blast...

Just ordered Midway Arcade Treasures 3 for RUSH 2049 - I used to have that game on my dreamcast and it was my fave whoever thought of putting jet thrusting wings on a car to control the stunts is a genius in my book.

3 - 2 - 1 RUSH lol

watch this guy make that course look easy - I never did beat that one maybe this time I will (when it arrives lol)

one of the best driving games ever imho

click down on the left thumbstick to bring up the virtual keyboard and use the right thumbstick for the mouse.

for left click on the mouse-right thmbstick top left hand corner twice

for right click on mouse-right thumbstick top right hand corner twice.

Beat Osman yesterday. The first half of the game is fantastic; perfectly balanced like a console game with great aesthetics. The second half, difficulty rachets with lotsa off-screen cheapness meant to drain quarters. Very wacky story too, but that only adds to its charms.

I'm hungering for some more Strider action. Guess i'll give that sequel a round.

TI-994A (Texas Instruments) using Classic99x from Xport. Was the first computer / console i owned. Finding roms/images in .bin format is a nightmare though. Any tips appreciated. Found other .TiCart files but i think they are gonna take some configuring.