what emu/games are you playing on your xbox?

fumanchu

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost my cd case with all my games in it this weekend :P Hotel found case and is shipping back(hope nothing missing). So I dusted of the old xbox and decided to start playing mariokart 64 with the wife.

I'm playing (testing) Kenshiro's latest build of FBA 1.29. He has updated every single driver to the latest PC FBA 2.97 or later core. This means MUCH more accurate emulation compared to the old 1.28. :P:D

In my opinion, it's all about the games first, and he's done a ton of work with them. Everything is running in 720P HD now and with all the improvements made to the emulation, I can't go back to 1.28. Kenshiro's done an awesome job.

Dragons Lair, Dragons Lair TimeWarp & Super Don Quixote in DaphneX....lovin those laserdisc games at the mo. :nosweat:

OFF topic, but could I get a link to those mpeg's?

PMed you...

I'm playing (testing) Kenshiro's latest build of FBA 1.29. He has updated every single driver to the latest PC FBA 2.97 or later core. This means MUCH more accurate emulation compared to the old 1.28. :nosweat::D

In my opinion, it's all about the games first, and he's done a ton of work with them. Everything is running in 720P HD now and with all the improvements made to the emulation, I can't go back to 1.28. Kenshiro's done an awesome job.

I'm jealous...the old lady took the TV when she left after I lost my job. That story is for a differ forum w/ country music playin.

DaphneX Roms and FBA 1.29 is all that I lack in the Xbox mod world.

Without HD now am I missing out on 1.29....emulation is better?

I have been playing XMUGEN and Xbox version of Baldur's Gate Dark Allience I as of late....to stick to the thread.

I'm playing (testing) Kenshiro's latest build of FBA 1.29. He has updated every single driver to the latest PC FBA 2.97 or later core. This means MUCH more accurate emulation compared to the old 1.28. :nosweat::D

I'm jealous...the old lady took the TV when she left after I lost my job. That story is for a differ forum w/ country music playin.

I have been playing XMUGEN and Xbox version of Baldur's Gate Dark Allience I as of late....to stick to the thread.

1.29 gives you a lot of games that werent emulated in fbaxxxpro1.28 and as for the hd i dont use it myself as i prefer to use a scart lead.

i likes me pixels to much!!!

I'm playing (testing) Kenshiro's latest build of FBA 1.29. He has updated every single driver to the latest PC FBA 2.97 or later core. This means MUCH more accurate emulation compared to the old 1.28. :Thumbsright::)

1.29 gives you a lot of games that werent emulated in fbaxxxpro1.28 and as for the hd i dont use it myself as i prefer to use a scart lead.

Fu, the 720P mode keeps all your pixels intact. I'm sensitive to scaling issues and I can confirm that to you because of the connection with Component cables, the 720P mode is pixel for pixel perfection.

The games look incredible in HD mode; I wish I could post some screens. But scart lead hookup is also pixel perfect. So I'm sure your having lots of fun. Too bad its rare in my country. We don't have scart in the US :angry: but a friend of mine imported a monitor with scart lead a few years ago.

Another route people can take is to buy a device called "x2vga" and connect Xbox to their PC monitor. Voila 720P mode!

Fcreeves, the emulation accuracy with all the games is much better with 1.29. For example, play a simple game like Magician Lord on it. You will notice that it has the full arcade intro and some effects that no other FBA or Mame version on Xbox has. Kenshiro updates all of the drivers, so the games are all brought up to date. If you know the hardware, then the CPS2 and Neogeo improvements can be seen instantly. The improvements are too numerous to list.

I'm playing (testing) Kenshiro's latest build of FBA 1.29. He has updated every single driver to the latest PC FBA 2.97 or later core. This means MUCH more accurate emulation compared to the old 1.28. :) :)

Fu, the 720P mode keeps all your pixels intact. I'm sensitive to scaling issues and I can confirm that to you because of the connection with Component cables, the 720P mode is pixel for pixel perfection.

The games look incredible in HD mode; I wish I could post some screens. But scart lead hookup is also pixel perfect. So I'm sure your having lots of fun. Too bad its rare in my country. We don't have scart in the US :angry: but a friend of mine imported a monitor with scart lead a few years ago.

Another route people can take is to buy a device called "x2vga" and connect Xbox to their PC monitor. Voila 720P mode!

Fcreeves, the emulation accuracy with all the games is much better with 1.29. For example, play a simple game like Magician Lord on it. You will notice that it has the full arcade intro and some effects that no other FBA or Mame version on Xbox has. Kenshiro updates all of the drivers, so the games are all brought up to date. If you know the hardware, then the CPS2 and Neogeo improvements can be seen instantly. The improvements are too numerous to list.

yeah it is fine with the scart as much as i like hd for old games i prefer a lower resoution closer to the original.

ive been using the fbaxxxpro1.29c romset as well and its pretty cool,especially with ashura busters and ashura blade now playable at the correct game speed.

ive also been playing some super contra and grdius3 as well on ignite.