what emu/games are you playing on your xbox?

fumanchu

spending the las t 2 hours pi$$ing about with bbc emulators trying to get them to run.

conclusion.

dosxbox didnt run always got an error.

winuaex-loaded and worked until you actually play a game,to say it was choppy is an understatement.

gba-again loaded but had the same results as the amiga.

result=FAIL!

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spending the las t 2 hours pi$$ing about with bbc emulators trying to get them to run.

conclusion.

winuaex-loaded and worked until you actually play a game,to say it was choppy is an understatement.

result=FAIL!

LOL, sorry to hear that fu, hopefully someone, somewhere one day will have one up and running. I know on guy said a while back ago he was working on a port but that was ages ago. :lol:

HF-

conclusion.

result=FAIL!

LOL, sorry to hear that fu, hopefully someone, somewhere one day will have one up and running. I know on guy said a while back ago he was working on a port but that was ages ago. :lol:

HF-

yeah i remember someone over at xs was working on one and then did a disappearing act.

im not really to bothered i was just trying it out to help someone who was trying to get it to run.

i did find a site where the guy who ported the bbc emu to the gba had ported some bbc games to gba,the most notable of these was elite.dont know if you remeber that one but it was big on the home micros at the time most notably on the bbc.

up till xmas still owned a bbc, still own an electron. Games wise .... well where to start. On the subject of emulators was going to post last week when i saw that you were trying to get an emulator to run an emulator to run bbc / electron games. Tried all possibillities and failed a couple of years ago. Best i got was wine through xdsl but encountered directx problems, sorted that out then , nothing. Left it there. I agree i would love to see a BBC /Electron emulator especially after i had to resample all my games on cassette as they were from the mid 80's when i first recorded them. I now use either my stereo system or a mp3 player to play them. I could use the PC but for me it kinda loses something. Did look at electrem a few months back but had compile problems and coupled with the fact that i dont have enough experience with porting problems, it got left there. Would just take an experienced coder a few hours to get a basic system running on xbox but its not me.

Yes Manic Miner was available and pretty good too, Boffin was good, oh theres loads.

Edited by cba.gy

I just played "Gain Ground" on the Genesis the other day for the first time. I beat it in easy mode in under an hour with the save states, but I bet it was hard as hell back in the day with no saves in "hard" mode.

Pretty awesome oldschool game if you ask me. I was always a SNES guy, but there are a few really great Genesis titles. Kid Chameleon comes to mind. I'd also recommend Flashback and Shadowrun which were both vastly superior to the SNES versions for some reason.

Later,

~Rx

I always thought the 3D0 version of flashback tops. I Think all versions claimed to have 60fps animations. I got stuck at the subway in the 2nd level I forget how to beat this part.

I'm playing Ninja Gaiden Black and doing fairly well no talismens of rebirth needed yet