what emu/games are you playing on your xbox?

fumanchu

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Builder's Block and Intelligent Qube on PCSXbox. Been trying out a load of new puzzle games, most of the better ones seem to be PSX exclusives. Also Devil's Dice and Battle Balls, via ePSXe as they won't work on XBox.

I'm playing Terranigma on the SNES. Playing it on my Xbox using the Zsnesbox emulator. I'm really enjoying this game, from the excellent music and the story line, and the fact that I'm saving the world completely on my own. Not to mention that the game was developed by Enix, a major company (Square-Enix), that is still popular for their creations today.

playing streetfighter 3rd strike on cpx3.it still surprises me that they managed to pull this off.

hagane zsnesxbox :P

HF-

yeah ive played that game its about as close to cannon dancer as we are going to get on the xbox and yes its a great game.

playing streetfighter 3rd strike on cpx3.it still surprises me that they managed to pull this off.

Believe me, the more you know about the technicalities of the hardware, the more unbelievable it is.

The graphics are actually in a compressed format (RLE), and then decompressed on the fly, which is fairly processor intensive. Not only that, it can do Line scrolling on several levels, which takes a fair amount of cpu, it does zoom on sprites (which is where it slows down on CPX3 [i think this could have been remedied by using the X-Box hardware more extensively, but meh), it has a fairly decent Hitachi SH2 processor running at 24mhz (though there are quite a few tricks that can help this [skipping places where the CPU idles -- it sits in a loop and waits until it has to draw the next frame], running an ASM CPU Core, which is usually difficult to program, but results in HUGE speedups, underclocking the cpu, and some sort of dynarec), and last, but not least it has custom sound hardware which is actually controlled and more-or-less run by the CPU.

So, yes, it is pretty impressive. :P