PS3 about to be haxed NEWS TONIGHT!

sammaz

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive seen some vids over at youtube witn people putting yellowdog linux on their ps3 and running sdlmame and running some of the capcom vs series games at full speed.so if they arent fake then i think the ps3 is halfway there.

Depends which VS games your talking about. Generally speaking, a 1.4GHz machine with 256 MB of ram can run MSH.

the point is,that the ps3 can do emulation,dosent matter if it isnt fully cracked yet,its doing it right now.

even though there isnt access to the full potential of the hardware.as much as i would like to run emus on my 360,its gonna be a LLLOOOOONNNGGG time.

The 360 is no where near able to run homebrew. The PS3, however, can do it out of the box. Sony gave us what we wanted right away, only they gimped it. Custom firmware will come, if not then the OS feature will be exploited to the point where we can at least run DC games.

well at least ps3 has got emulation from out of the box but us 360 owners arent so lucky.i am surprised though that the 360 hasnt been haxed,seeing as its been out for more than 2 years.well will just have to keep playing the waiting game. :P

I'd be happy even if the 360 was hacked to allow more codecs to run. The limits imposed at the minute are stupid. Even with the Fall update it still won't play common codecs like Divx3 Low Motion, or any of the new .mkv files. Not to mention it only allows 2 channel stereo in mp4 files, so you can have HD video, but only 'old' stereo sound to go with it.

Ha, never. It'll be patched, unless it's an exploit from the hardware level.

really? thats what they said about the PSP ( and did) yet CFW overcame that and more. :banghead:

...because of an exploit...at the hardware level

I think he was referring to a mod - chip.

The PSP cfw are soft-modded / the system was accessible from the very beggining (Ver 1.0) and later patched.

The way PSP FW is written is common knowledge to a coder for the scene now. True, no one else except DA hacks the firmware, but others can. It's fault is how Sony built it, it will always have faults to exploit because DA and others have exploited these faults since the beginning. You can't even say the Pandora Battery is a hardware fault, that's all software based as well and is the end all of modifying your PSP.

I believe the PS3's firmware will be hacked eventually. And even if it's not, you can bet the OS feature will be exploited with custom UI's and features once coders figure out how to access the RSX.

Edited by Gouken