CoinOPS 2nd player alternating fix

ressurectionx

Curious to see if I'll get banned for this one.... Still can't figure out why I was banned last time.

So BP, did you really fix the 2 player alternating games or were you just yanking my chain in the other forum?

Just wondering, because that's a huge feature and you haven't mentioned it here yet. I've devoted nearly a month and a half to getting it done and I'd be really curious to know how you got it working in 5 minutes. Shouldn't be a problem backing that statement up after rubbing it in my face that you got it working in 5 mintues, I would think....

If it only took 5 mintues to figure out and implement, surely it would take half that time to copy and paste into a thread so I can try it.

I really don't know why I have to beg for these things. We've been getting along fine on the other forum for a few weeks now until you turned on me again last night. I did absolutely nothing to trigger your change in attitude, and your true nature has been very apparant to pepople who have PM'd me today saying that I shouldn't give up on the project just because you are being yourself again.

Regards,

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its currently in Beta......... havent really looked at it as no ones asked for it. Fixed alot of other issues in last day or so. Continue with your project its all good

You told me you could code by the way. I have added in the stuff you asked for just its better I add it no offense as it takes forever to explain. As you say months hacking every rom vs 10mins to put a switch in it change the behavor of every rom. its not turning on you its just me doing my project you doing yours..... I offered a hand a few weeks ago and you turned it down. Now I am nearly ready with the rewrite of CoinOps and also talking with Kenshiro about adding new games like Powerdrift and Galaxy force and also a complete new GUI for FBA so im busy as...even though you say im not and spend to much time here and not enough coding. I have just finished testing 2000 roms for the new Backend of CoinOPS

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

they allways could add them themselves...... I never removed one single driver so people can choose to add whatever they want

Only added a rom limit in last build which im 50/50 wether to leave this in... we will see

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

No, you didn't, but since you won't relese code you didn't give somebody the option to have all your emu features and be able to remap controls for games you didnt' want to add either.

That was my biggest problem with your work since the beginning.

there is only one limit and its amount of games and only imposed after constant harrasment so I didnt see a cluttered mess, everything else could be added or changed...they are all in xmls including keymapping.

also the reason I lock it down for you is I dont want to see buggy source.... the way you are doing 2play swap code makes it really hard to revert back, or to add new drivers in or change them. It also effects new screen tearing code and new screen filters all use the rotation code so for now its best I just fix the stuff and when its ready it will go in. I have complete control over the source now not just the backend.

Also Dats will be included so anyone can build a proper list of games quickly without testing to save the old school issues we had on day one :)

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Well that's all well and good, but even after asking you many, many times you've never told me how to fix keymapping in the xmls. In fact, I doubt that most folk have any clue how to do it besides you and the few people who can actually manage to speak with you without pulling out their hair. I was willing to do these keymapping changes to games you hadn't added myself after you made your build, but you couldn't be "arsed" into wasting any time on telling a "dumb n00b" like me.

The only reason I have "buggy source", or even had to make a debug box to start messing around with source in the first place for that matter, is because I couldn't get you to tell me how to do any of this the "right" way since day one.

The right way is the source..... but a keymap editor is all you need or you can just change the keys in the games and then go into CoinOPS/CFG/ folder and sort by date those files will be the last keymaps you altered. Save the whole folder it will be about 100k and anyone can use it with all your keys

this is why I dont go with your build from the man himself :)

Albert Einstein

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Very clever. I see you're going right back to the insults again. Nice sense of humility you've got there as well BP, the genius.... lol. Maybe I'll just start calling you Mr. Mensa instead of BPM$...

But at least that's some useable information anyways. It comes so infrequently from you that I should celebrate.

How bout you put the ability back in to add as many roms as you want. It's not hurting you to do it and you're only cripling your emulator for other people like me who would want everything added, just for the sake of pissing me off. Not really fair to anybody else....

sorry that info is really the basics ... its hard not offend you but this is bottom line stuff you go to months of work for stuff that is right in your face... and as I said theres 100s of these little things.

I do like the quote.... ill be changing the anticlutter code a bit :) but no you need your own build RX as you have spent months on it it would be good to see it. If you had listened and stopped critising personal triats maybe I wouldnt find it so amusing to see you flounder but due to that I do.... im still waiting for you to prove me wrong... also its fun baiting you along at times even though im the dummy that cant spell :P

I'm not going to continue it. It's done for me. I know that it would take 5 years for me to figure out how to do what I want plus all the changes that you've made since I got your source, as I came into this project with 1 semester of C++ in junior college almost 10 years ago.

You're the only person left who can even be called an "expert" on the MAME XBox scene and unfortunately you're an insuffrable ego case and not much of a mentor in any stretch of the word.

I'm reformatting my XBox this weekend and removing the debug capabilities and deleting all the programs to do it, plus the bios loader and system setup so it would take forever for me to even get the damn thing working again to deter me from doing it if I got tempted.

Sorry man. You'll have to get your entertainment and spelling/grammar lessons somewhere else.

Edited by ressurectionx