Thinking about getting an Xbox, and...

olaf

The only emulators that you should be worried about running at full speed or not are the N64 andPSX emulators.

The N64 emulator plays a large amount of N64 games well. You might get full FPS speed, but there will be some graphical glitches or sound errors. There are some games that run flawless, but that's where the customization comes in for each game. Some games run very slow, or will not work at all at times.

The PSX emulator can run the majority of all PSX games, but strictly depending on their region, some won't work as. There is a thread at Xbox-Scene, that contains a list of all of the games for the PSX, and if they work or not on the emulator. So most games can work to your preference of performance if you adjust the settings correctly.

I don't know anything about reverting back, that's probably something that you should have someone else answer.

ive got a chipped xbox myself.but with some softmods isnt there something you can do like pressing the eject button to switch off the softmod and then you can use live then you press on and eject at the same time and that swiches the softmod back on.

i know youcan do this with chipped xboxs,but im sure i read somewhere that this works with one of the softmod installs.just not sure which one,maybe movento will know better as ive never actually worked with a softmod install myself.

edit/this method isnt a 100% foolproof way to play on live there is still a chance you will get caught.i suppose it just comes down to luck isuppose.

there is always xlink kai for playing online. (games with LAN support) its integrated in xbmc.

and I would just bypass unleash-x all together and just use xbmc as the main dash as well.

if you look around on torrent sites there is a little bundle of software to get you into xbins painlessly, it automates all the steps.