360 HD DVD add on

I was thinking of getting one of these. I know that HD DVD is 'dead' but they are only £29.99 from Play, with free delivery, plus a decent library of released HD DVDs selling at bargain basement prices.

I was thinking of getting one of these. I know that HD DVD is 'dead' but they are only £29.99 from Play, with free delivery, plus a decent library of released HD DVDs selling at bargain basement prices.

You sound like a woman at the supermarket trying to justify buying some crappy burritos that the family will never eat just because you have a coupon for a dollar off. Why the hell would you buy one? It's useless now.

You sound like a woman at the supermarket trying to justify buying some crappy burritos that the family will never eat just because you have a coupon for a dollar off. Why the hell would you buy one? It's useless now.

I just thought it would be a cheap way to see what proper HD looked like without spending a fortune. The cheapest Blu-ray player on Play is £199.99 by comparison. Anyway, the quality of the films is virtually identical to Blu-ray, it's not like I won't 'eat' them just because HD DVD is dead.

But there will be no future releases, while I can see why you want to buy it, I would recommend not wasting your money. Buy yourself a Blu-Ray drive your computer, the cheapest way to watch true HD movies.

Edited by emwearz

Will do. I just found a hybrid drive from LG, the LG GGW-H20L, which reads/writes to BD and reads from HD DVD. Which means I can still pick up the cheapo HD DVDs and Blu-ray stuff. Now I hope MS, or someone else, releases a BD addon for the 360.

Some mates talked about the 360 HD drive, too. Why not? Recent HD movies deffo gonna drop in prices.

The drive itself on amazon costs less than a single HD disk.

Buy yourself a Blu-Ray drive your computer, the cheapest way to watch true HD movies.

Yes and no. At this point of time, BD imho are too expensive.

With the 360 HD thingy, you may have your past fave movies a lot cheaper. Guessing that's the main idea from gavin.

I'm just going to grab the addon anyway. I mean, it's only £30 and most of the discs have dropped to £5, can't complain. Then I'll have the hybrid for ripping HD/BD discs and make them 360 compatible.