EarthBound

So, I read an article the other day on Digg or Joystiq (I can't remember which) about EarthBound and its history. I'd never been really too intrigued by it even though I've only heard really good things about it. Anyway, the story mentioned this fan web site -- so, I visited. Turns out there's a very dedicated fan base to the EarthBound/Mother series. I found myself looking through all the articles and stuff, which ended up getting me really interested in the game. So, here I am playing it for my first time in Snes9x... wish me luck.

:P

BTW, I am enjoying thoroughly so far. The little Bee guy just died and I'm running around the morning after.

Earthbound owns your pants off, like all the other Japanese, very niche games that never get mainstream recognition.

Case in point, Mother 3 which will never get an official English localization, because Nintendo are being dicks. Thankfully, we've got some dedicated fan translators to thank for the upcoming fan translation.

TBH, let's be honest, how many people would buy Earthbound 2/Mother 3 is they released it here? I would, but would the others would too?

TBH, let's be honest, how many people would buy Earthbound 2/Mother 3 is they released it here? I would, but would the others would too?

Of course it makes business sense not to localize something if a majority of gamers dnever heard of it/are not interested in it, but still, a move like that will leave a dedicated fanbase very angry.

It would be nice if companies would overlook the cost - revenue aspect even once and release a game just to please the true fans. Even Nintendo isn't blind to the point that they don't know about Mother's/Earthbound's fans overseas.

Just wait for this and then emulate it or put it on a flash cart. :)

Yes well, I was hoping for a true official translation, but what the hell, since we can't have that, I'll more than gladly take this once it's finished. Been a long time too, I've been keeping up with the news since Day 1.

Oh, and by the way, I can't believe a f'n CARTRIDGE ONLY goes for $80+ on eBay. The price of one with a box and the strategy guide is outrageous... but hell, it's a damn good game from what I've played.