okay well, i downloaded a billion versions of SSF and i reinstalled direct x 9 a million times, but literally i can't open it, i run the exe and it just comes up with an error, doesn't even run. just crashes before it even starts. anyone at all had a similar problem or even heard of one or can help fix this?

Mine keeps saying incorrect media :D

How are you loading a game? Remember than the console's region has to be set to match that of the game's.

I remember having to force a region for the Radiant Silvergun image I had in order to get it to boot properly (even though it had a region already). It's probably a bad dump, but... it works. Radiant Silvergun has been the only game I've had problems with.

Google SatConv and use it to hack a region of your choice into the CD image.

I remember having to force a region for the Radiant Silvergun image I had in order to get it to boot properly (even though it had a region already). It's probably a bad dump, but... it works. Radiant Silvergun has been the only game I've had problems with.

Google SatConv and use it to hack a region of your choice into the CD image.

Thanks for the advice I'll try that if this next file doesn't work :D

• 8 months later...

can someone please help me..i'm desperate..i have the ssf emulator ver. 009 alpha r4..i'm playing one of my favorite saturn rpg's, shining force 3..so far so good..the game runs very good..i can play other games like shining the holy ark wich i tryed out too..but i tried to play dragon force and i just can't..it loads the saturn emulator bios wichever i choose, but it wont go any furder..it resets..i tried almost every region, bios, difrent region roms combination and i just can't play..can someone please help me?? :ph34r:

You should really update to the latest SSF version. Having said that, thread resurrection is evil. You could have made your own thread.

Moving on, the is no better emulator than SSF, and most games run fine with the presets that can be chosen in the emulator's options. You should know that some Saturn disc images are borked in the sense that you have to manually hack a region in the image for it to boot properly. There is a tool for that called Satconv. Regardless, this is mostly a problem with poorly ripped discs.

I can tell you that I've managed to boot Dragon Force just fine, and I don't remember using any specific settings, either.