MGS4 Revival Trailer

Gouken

I don't understand what is being disagreed on here.

But remember that first tanker trailer for MGS2? Kojima claimed MGS2 was an eternal PS2-only game back then as well. The only difference is now there is a much greater economic necessity to release on other platforms than there was then, when the PS2 was dominating.

The PS2 wasn't really dominating when MGS2 was released. As a matter of fact, the PS3 is selling faster than the PS2 was.

To my knowledge they were merely curious to work with the new guy in town. That being said, Kojima would rather stick with Sony, which he's stated numerous times in the press.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the PS2 Dominated its entire lifespan. the original xbox and gamecube were never a real threat to sony at that time. the fact is a expensive game to develop like MGS can't turn a healthy profit on a single console in most cases.

the PS2 Dominated its entire lifespan. the original xbox and gamecube were never a real threat to sony at that time. the fact is a expensive game to develop like MGS can't turn a healthy profit on a single console in most cases.

I hear ya, and accept your reasoning. By all accounts it should be ported so Konami could recoup some losses but since the PS3 has been selling so well recently they aren't very worried. And if they are, they made a firm commitment to the PS3.