FFVII ePSXe issues

swaytide

hey i download ePSXe and roms for FFVII i made them into a 1 and than put it into my bios. my video plugin is pete's DX6 D3D driver 1.41 sound is ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2. and cdrom plugin is ePSXe CDR WNT/W2k core 1.5.2 also my emulator is ePSXe 1.6.0 for sum reason when i go to play FFVII my only bios it opens a screen for bout 1 second than closes. any help would be much appreatiated. my computer would be easily able to handle the proggrames because i bought the latest parts out last week.

FFVII doesn't have ROMs.

Anyway, what is your hardware like? If you have a more recent computer, they is no need to use something like Pete's D3D6 plugin.

Use Pete's OpenGL2 plugin, besides OpenGL beats Direct3D any day as far as PSX plugins go. Get SPU Eternal 1.50b2 as well, although you'll probably do just fine with the default audio plugin that ePSXe uses.

peteogloptlw8.jpg

Obvioudsly set the resolution to whatever you like, and you don't need to use the shader options unless you downloaded the some shader programs for the plugin to use. Same with the filtering options. Also enable "Odd/even bit hack" and perhaps "Ignore small framebuffer moves" in Special game fixes.

• 2 weeks later...
Configuring ePSXe's settings can be quite a pain the ass.

Not really, but it's true that pSX is the easiest to configure, as it uses no plugins.