Good Snes Games

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need footage:

GametrailersTV Top20

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31740.html (20-11)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32570.html (10-1)

Pretty interesting list.

But as some mentioned, there could be a Top-50 and not yet all the really good games would be listed. For details, I'd say name your favourite genres (Action, RPG, Jump'n ..) .

Some of mine:

Super Mario World

Super Mario Kart

Megaman X1, X2, X3

Street Fighter 2

Turtles in Time

Super Ghouls'n Ghosts

Demon's Crest

Super Castlevania IV

International Superstar Soccer Deluxe

Super Bomberman 2-5 (especially #3)

Illusion of Gaia

Secret of Mana

Secret of Evermore

The Lost Vikings I, II

Top Gear

Super StarWars 1-3

Super Aleste

Jungle Strike

Micro Machines

Parodius

.. well. There' more, but it's a start :banghead:

• 4 months later...
Well right now I'm running through super metroid, a lot harder then Metroid Fusion :D.

Dude anyone who like Super Metroid needs to run a search for

Super Metroid Redesign

It's just a small patch you place in the rom. It's beyond amazing. The guy scratched the first 2 designs he had, because he realized some major breakthroughs. For instance, the game has the exact same number of rooms... but he learned that he can make the rooms much much much larger and have them connect anyway he sees fit. So it turned out being a complete redesign, rather than gutted rooms, with new furniture. He changed the jump physics, you don't go as far in a jump, and it is faster... so no real hangtime... zero g apex or anything... that takes a bit to get used to... It makes for more challenging gameplay. It is filled with amazing moments. The difficulty is ramped up, like certain weapons are good against certain enemies, so using ALL your weaponry is commonplace. Like using bombs on a critter you just froze... instead of wasting 3-4 missiles. Yea some enemies have major resistance to certain weapons. It is perfect. There are puzzle elements too, so figuring out what to do is quite rewarding. Just wait till you confront what is known as "the hell run" It took me a bit to figure it out... Just... please try not to read a faq. Just be Extremely observant if ever you are unsure of what to do. Hell, I haven't even beat the game yet. I got distracted and forgot to get back to it.

Long story short, the game is obviously redesigned, but its from the ground up... So it's the game you know and love, but you have no idea where you are!!!! I cannot think of anything better.

Anyway, there is a game I always wanted to play but just recently picked up the translated version. I musta forgot to hunt for it. I never actually played it... but I will go out on a limb and submit it...

Bahamut Lagoon (J) [T-Eng].zip

This version is apparently the best, as the other translated versoins were found lacking.

Bahamut Lagoon (J) [T-Eng].zip

is this an rpg by any chance?

Yes it is. I just played a small bit. It's a mix of different RPG styles. It has a slight grainy or dirty look to it, but it is very colorful, and alot of detail went into it. I didn't even finish the first battle, I just wanted to answer your question. I think I will like it, at least for what it is. The dialog seems to scroll unnaturally, I assume it is because of the translation. It seems a logical reason.

I am sticking to my recommendation, even though I know next to nothing about it. I just have a good feeling about it. I also realize it isn't for everyone. But if you like alot 'a types of RPG's, I recommend getting it.

EDIT: Removed alot of text: I talk too much heh

Edited by Belthasar

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pjak4ByHnco&...feature=related

how many can u name or remember playing for that matter.

Really dig that vid Solidius. I remember way back when I got my SNES... Still have it but now serves as a glorified bookend lol. Some of my favs are the Disney games that Capcom put out, like Aladdin, Rescue Ranges 1 & 2, and Ducktales. Mario Kart, ofcourse, and Killer Instinct was good, though I prefered the arcade ver... lived near an arcade at the time, so i was good to go. There are def too many to name. I can say though, that since getting into emulation, I have played almost every game available, though not in a while. Since I'm back home now and without a job, I'm gonna dig up my old drive with my goodsets and get crack'n! =D