GTA 4 leaked

Did X360 version let you install into the HDD? If they do, I still hjave not found that option.

Man, I was driving at 160km/h when I crash into the lamp post. Niko was thrown OUT from the car through the front window. Ouch.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some raitings for ya

1UP.com: A+

Empire: 5/5

Eurogamer: 10/10

GameInformer: 10/10

GameSpy: 5/5

GamesRadar (360): 10/10

GamesRadar (PS3): 10/10

IGN UK: 10/10

IGN US: 10/10

LEVEL: 10/10

OPM UK: 10/10

OPM US: 5/5

OXM UK: 10/10

PSM3 France: 20/20

PSW: 10/10

TeamXbox: 10/10

EGM: A+, A+, A

GameTrailers: 9.8/10

Xbox World 360: 98%

CVG: 9.5/10

OXM US: 9.5/10

Did X360 version let you install into the HDD? If they do, I still hjave not found that option.

Man, I was driving at 160km/h when I crash into the lamp post. Niko was thrown OUT from the car through the front window. Ouch.

In a vain attempt to stave off GTA 4 can't-wait-til-tuesday blues, I was reading through as many reviews as I could get my hands on. I stumbled on this in one review, related to the HDD queries.

When popping the disc into the PS3 for the first time, you’ll have a brief installation. Don’t worry, it only takes ten minutes or so, and there’s a pleasant bit of GTA history trivia to keep you occupied. So, unlike with Devil May Cry, you’ll be able to eat your sandwich prior to playing the game. On the 360, this installation is optional if you have a hard drive. I advise to proceed with installation—it reduces the already minimal frame rate issues on the 360

In a vain attempt to stave off GTA 4 can't-wait-til-tuesday blues, I was reading through as many reviews as I could get my hands on. I stumbled on this in one review, related to the HDD queries.

When popping the disc into the PS3 for the first time, you’ll have a brief installation. Don’t worry, it only takes ten minutes or so, and there’s a pleasant bit of GTA history trivia to keep you occupied. So, unlike with Devil May Cry, you’ll be able to eat your sandwich prior to playing the game. On the 360, this installation is optional if you have a hard drive. I advise to proceed with installation—it reduces the already minimal frame rate issues on the 360

That's the thing. I can't find the option to install on X360. Can anyone direct me? I have 110GB of HDD space unused.

That's the thing. I can't find the option to install on X360. Can anyone direct me? I have 110GB of HDD space unused.

Try the Clear Cache code : X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X

It will erase any other game updates too, optional codec update etc, but it may trigger the install?

Edited by gavin19

It will erase any other game updates too, optional codec update etc, but it may trigger the install?

Ok, will try it tonight

Ok, will try it tonight

Forget that, seems that information was erroneous. Kotaku content states that the X360 version has no HDD install, not even as an option. The PS3 has a 3.4gig mandatory install which apparently reduces pop-in. The review states that although the 360 version looks slightly better and has smoother framerate, the PS3 version is almost entirely devoid of pop-in (assuming due to the HDD install). Strange why it wasn't offered as an option to Xbox users?

Comparison feature here