GTA 4 leaked

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't give something with as sh!tty character models as GTA4 a 10/10. That should take a point off graphics at least, especially when there are such beautiful games out there. I don't care what kind of game it is- modeling like that in 2008 is unacceptable.

Am I the only one who notices? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. GTA is ugly as. Always has been, and apparently always will be.

You can't give something with as sh!tty character models as GTA4 a 10/10. That should take a point off graphics at least, especially when there are such beautiful games out there. I don't care what kind of game it is- modeling like that in 2008 is unacceptable.

Am I the only one who notices? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. GTA is ugly as. Always has been, and apparently always will be.

Huh?!? :) Other than the leaves still look one dimensional and the pop ups, I honestly can't think of anything to complain about the graphics in GTAIV.

be careful modding 360s, my friend had an elite he got probably around when they first came out and it had the most pain in the ass possible DVD-ROM in it, he had to buy some chip thing and solder like 35 tiny ass wires that where all right next to each other after melting this crap off with a heat gun, he tried getting an adapter because its impossible for human hands but apparently the solder braid he had sucked because it didn't work at ALL and his 360 is dead now.

Any other version of the 360 is like the easiest console to mod ever besides maybe the original xbox, just his luck haha.

I will say the game is damn awesome, best GTA yet no doubt. Aside from the casual gameplay, the Euphoria engine really shows. Many times I ran over pedestrians, they react exactly to how physics would work in real world. So let say I ran over them in high speed, they would not just lay down on the ground flat as I run over it, nope, they would collide on top of my car their body will roll over the top of my car and down from the side or the trunk of my car realistically not like a rag doll at all. Another interesting thing is how the blood stained stayed there unless you clean it in car wash or get a paint job. Ok one more about the Euphoria engine, so there was one time I try to steal this car, Niko forcefully pull this guy out but keep resisting, so when Niko got him out of the car and into the driver's where I already started driving, this guy is still hanging on to the side of the car with both of his hand as I already gone 20mph. His body just swinging around realistically trying to hang on to his life. That's how awesome the new A.I system can be in GTA:IV. The cover system is also awesome too, again realistically when you duck and shoot or hide against the wall of a door then peak and shoot. There's just too many things I have yet to cover and this is only a tiny portion of it. You really have to play the game to see for yourself.

BlackKnight: you say the same for Crysis as well, I think you might need to get your eyes check. As for GTA:IV, the game is gorgeous on 720p mode in HDTV. The draw distance is kinda disappointing (a huge step improvement from the GTA:SA, but not by much), it's not as far as you can imagine but it's reasonable to fit such a huge city with so much things in details around.

The only downside I see in the game is THE OCCASIONAL POP UPS IS STILL THERE! I mean, WTF?!? This is a next gen console and they still can't solve the pop up?!? I am really wondering how it would be like on PS3 with the slower Blu-Ray drive.

didn't you have an Arcade Xbox360 with no HDD? see thats the thing, alot of people or almost everyone who reported about this pop-up issues, lagging, long load times is because they don't have a HDD. For me, there's no pop-ups so far or slowdows or long loading times.

didn't you have an Arcade Xbox360 with no HDD? see thats the thing, alot of people or almost everyone who reported about this pop-up issues, lagging, long load times is because they don't have a HDD. For me, there's no pop-ups so far or slowdows or long loading times.

I didn't think they were allowed to use the HDD to improve load times or whatever, as it discriminates against those without one?

I had a guy hanging onto the car door for dear life on me as well. lol I did a quick e-brake u-turn and slung him down the street. that was pretty sweet. I have no complaints about graphics, GTA has never been cutting edge graphics, and they are pretty much middle of the road for this generation.

I haven't really noticed any pop-up and the only loading so far is right when you start up the game like a minute. I haven't unlocked the other islands yet though.

Got my 360 (again) earlier with Halo 3 (came with it for free) and I grabbed Oblivion again too. Opted for a Premium as they were brand new stock with an HDMI port. So I can keep my Xbox1 running through component at the same time.

The guy in the shop swore it came packaged with an HDMI cable, but there was none supplied, so I'll have to get one tomorrow. Can't wait for GTA now, watched the IGN video review, looked mighty impressive.

BlackKnight: you say the same for Crysis as well, I think you might need to get your eyes check. As for GTA:IV, the game is gorgeous on 720p mode in HDTV. The draw distance is kinda disappointing (a huge step improvement from the GTA:SA, but not by much), it's not as far as you can imagine but it's reasonable to fit such a huge city with so much things in details around.

For Crysis I said it didn't look good enough to justify the hardware it required. GTA4 doesn't look good enough for the hardware its running. I absolutely understand its because of how big the city is, all the AI things going on the same time, and all the rendering / memory issues associated with that. Still, they detract from how good it looks in the end. When I look at Niko he is certainly not the best-looking character I've ever seen. When I get in a car its like a toned down version of Burnout Paradise's looks.

That said, I don't get how the graphics get praised so unilaterally.