CoinOPS 2nd Quarter Released

hellsfury

I dont know what your friend did but he shouldnt need to reinstall all his emulators unless he actually deleted the emulators. As for the missing custom thumbnails he put on there, he should try to delete all the thumbnails at /XBMC/UserData/Thumbnails/Programs then restart his xbox.

I don't think he deleted any of his emulators. They're just not booting up after installing 2nd Quarter and his custom thumbs are gone. Sounds like he deleted something on his E:\Saves by accident but I'm not sure what.

What exactly are the UDATA and TDATA directories for anyway? Aren't they where the emulator preferences are stored?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it sounds like he deleted the Tdata folder or the Udata folder.cant see why else any of the rest of the emus would be affected unless their save folders in either E or U were deleted.

sounds like his fat table is screwed eg he went over 250gig on a partion and it wasnt formated with 32k clusters

That's probably it because he just told me he's running out of space on his 500GB hdd. :)

How would I go about fixing the fat table? I know very little about modding and wouldn't know where to start (we both bought our Xbox's pre-moded).

Is there anything on it that's irreplaceable? If not then you could just reformat it and start over. If it still reads from disc then you could use something like Slayers or Auto Installer Deluxe to reformat and replace the softmod. That's all assuming the drive is damaged.

Can you ftp into the drive from your PC? If so then you could transfer what's on the drive over to your PC and then format.

What about just browsing into one of the emulator folders, say Zsnes, and launching the default.xbe from there? Have you tried that? Even if the UDATA/TDATA folders for your emus had been deleted they would auotmatically regenerate, or they should. Try installing a completely new emulator to the xbox and see if it runs.

It could be a 100 diff things, but if nothing works it's no big deal. At least you can reformat and start over :)

sounds like his fat table is screwed eg he went over 250gig on a partion and it wasnt formated with 32k clusters

That's probably it because he just told me he's running out of space on his 500GB hdd. :blink:

How would I go about fixing the fat table? I know very little about modding and wouldn't know where to start (we both bought our Xbox's pre-moded).

Not much you can do about that. I would:

1. Rebuild/Format with Slayers

2. FTP xbpartitioner to your e:\apps

3. Reboot and run xbpartitioner

4. Split F and G drive evenly (comes out to like 230/230 roughly)

Should never make 400GB or above on 1 partition. I've seen people lose everything. It sucks.

Not much you can do about that. I would:

1. Rebuild/Format with Slayers

2. FTP xbpartitioner to your e:\apps

3. Reboot and run xbpartitioner

4. Split F and G drive evenly (comes out to like 230/230 roughly)

Should never make 400GB or above on 1 partition. I've seen people lose everything. It sucks.

Ugh. Alright, thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to learn how to do this myself then. :blink:

BTW, can't I just run xbpartitioner from my apps without having to rebuild/format with Slayers? I can still boot some apps from the hdd.

(sorry for the thread jack, BP)

Edited by Norkusa