Is it just me or is the PS3 starting to look better than the 360?

Alpha

The undeniable fact is that Wii has a large consumer base, I just don't see myself buying one.

And to address the Xbox Live comment, I do agree on it being free. Microsoft makes enough money with their PCs, at that point their being greedy, damn you Mr. Gates.

I will say one thing though, Sony isn't marketing PSN to be the end all of online services. At most they are saying it's free. That's it. That's the one up on Microsoft, not being superior because that's just funny.

It is improving though, but it has a long long way to go.

Edited by Gouken

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Wii does not have much third party support, if it does, then the games aren't turning out to be very good. The Wii's basic control scheme which consists of the Nunchuck and the Wii-Mote, clearly limits what type of games can be released for it. The Wii also isn't as powerful as the other two consoles, which is why many popular games that are being released, aren't being released on the Wii. The Wii's specs and internal hardware is considered to be of 6th generation status. Notice how some titles are being released only for the Wii and the PS2, because third party gaming companies do not consider the Wii to be at the PS3/360's level. The best Wii games, are made from Nintendo. There are rarely any third party games for the Wii that actually get scores over 8.0 Nintendo likes to over hype exclusives, like Super Smash Brothers, Galaxy, and other exclusive Nintendo titles. The only games the Wii has are made from NIntendo, the 360/PS3 both have great games, but they are shared, and the Wii gets none of that support. Although, the Wii has full backwards compatibility, unlike PS3 and 360 which can only run certain games. It also has Virtual Console, and that is also an asset on the Wii's part. But individually, the Wii has no games, isn't very powerful, and I would honestly consider getting a PS2 over a Wii.

The large majority of the Wiis 3rd party games are PS2 games given a little waggle control. A good bulk of the Wii market is not core gamers who go out and buy a bunch of new games.

The Wii has less games, but it also has a better good to crap game ratio,

the Wii has the worst good to crap ratio. there MAY BE 15 good Wii games, everything else is shovelware.

I regret buying a Wii with every bone in my body, it's a dust collector.

inky me and u are so on the same level with the wii. only reason i havent sold mine is because my wife would kill me lol.

Is it just me or do you seem really negative? I mean, I could counter all that, but that's wrong too. I don't hate Sony for being what they are, they are funny, quirky and sometimes just plain weird and wrong, but they're a Japanese company. I won't even begin to understand them because I'm not a part of their culture.

Me being negative is something else completely.

I think I have played the Wii once, and the one I played was not even mine, it was at a friends house. Never have I once played the one here in my room. The only game I am somewhat interested in is Manhunt 2. Seriously, I do not see what the big deal is about the Wii.

I regret buying a Wii with every bone in my body, it's a dust collector.

This seems to be the general consensus amongst people I know. The only reason they break it out is to play Wii Bowling drinking games.

This is what I predicted in all Wii discussion 1 year ago. People then said don't be hatin'. :D

• 1 month later...