Is it just me or is the PS3 starting to look better than the 360?

Alpha

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://nexgenwars.com/

nope, PS3 still < x360.

Ok so lets do the math here.

The site updates constantly so last i checked the numbers were as follows

Xbox 360 = 18,200,000

PS3 = 9,209,000

Alright, The Xbox 360 had just abou exactly one year on the PS3 correct?

So, 9,209,000 x 2 = 18,418,000

So its can be said the the PS3 isnt doing any worst then the 360 when it came out. Apparently its doing a bit better.

Now Going by Wizards Numbers, which are quite accurate last i checked. We'll just about see how the numbers of the failure rate looks.

18,200,000 x 0.4 = 7,280,000

9,209,000 x 0.03 = 276,270

Heck, lets divide by two to get the Yearly number

7,280,000/2 = 3,640,000

UNACCEPTABLE for a 300-500(USD) System.

What good are exclusives when u cant play em?

failure rates are wildly exaggerated, only owners of broken consoles report failures. there are plenty of launch units still in the wild. and latest boards are very reliable.

and Wiz, Shadowrun was pretty good. don't hate. :)

Anything over 5% imo is unacceptable.

When i buy my system, the last thing i need to be thinking about is "Will it break on me??" or "How long should i play until it gets too hot??"

and THAT was what made me buy the PS3.

That's your opinion.....

But someone pointed out numbers, and well, X360 still > Ps3. Regardless of whether or not the failure rate (while exagerated to the extreme) of one system is higher then the other.

Also, I was watching the preview towards GTAIV in gametrailers, and one of the facts posted on the side where the number of pre-sales at that time, and much like the console numbers, X360 had double the amount of GTAIV pre-sales over Ps3, and the numbers where in the millions.

When i buy my system, the last thing i need to be thinking about is "Will it break on me??" or "How long should i play until it gets too hot??"

Why should you be thinking about that in any case? That's what the warranty is for. The numbers are wildly exaggerated- no one I know, with launch or more recent 360 consoles has seen a Red Ring.

If you bought a PS3 over a 360 solely because of all the scaremongering on the internet, well, I don't know what to tell you. Don't take it from the whining internet masses- judge the system's reliability for yourself.

I think it also depends what kind of environment you're placing your console in. If you're going to put it in a space that has hardly any room for it to blow all its hot air or a room that hits 90 degrees fahrenheit in the summer, then you're probably going to get a RROD. I think one of the big reasons we see 360's with RRODs in the kiosks at stores is because there isn't enough space for it disperse all its heat.

Also, I think the failure rate substantially decreased with the new falcon motherboards on the 360s.

Why should you be thinking about that in any case? That's what the warranty is for. The numbers are wildly exaggerated- no one I know, with launch or more recent 360 consoles has seen a Red Ring.

If you bought a PS3 over a 360 solely because of all the scaremongering on the internet, well, I don't know what to tell you. Don't take it from the whining internet masses- judge the system's reliability for yourself.

On the contrary, everyone i know has got the RRoD, including my brother. I know people who've had to return thier Xboxs more then once. One friend of mine went 3 weeks without his xbox.

Everyone is really taking the 360 RRoD with a grain of salt and i for one see it as unacceptable.

The PS3 and the 360 share many 3rd party games anyway so im not missing out on much. And There are quite a few Sony exclusives i want to play as well. All in all, the ps3 is the better system in my eyes.

Heres my feelings about it:

The PS3 doesn't have better graphics than the 360, the 360 usually looks slightly better - SLIGHTLY

Most of the exclusives for PS3 are garbage as far as I'm concerned (Except MGS4 of course) flock gran turismo. The only people who play GT are people who play Madden. They don't realize its not all that great and there are better options (although not really for football games anymore because madden is the ONLY football game, but flock football games.)

The PS3 is a royal pain to program for, so it makes it harder on developers, speaking of which, when developers say they like Blu-Ray better because it isn't as space limiting, they are either talking out their asses or they where paid to say that. There is no reason whatsoever for a game not to fit on a DVD9. If it can't fit on a DVD9 it was either deliberately made like that to increase e-male organ/laziness/something extremely obvious was overlooked. Usually a combination of all 3. Uncompressed video files are completely unnecessary as an example, it just adds bloat. I forget where I read it but I read an interview with some developers who said this same thing somewhere.

The PS3 has a lot of advantages developing right now from a business standpoint (Like Blu-ray winning the format war and people buying it as a Blu-ray player) but as far as gaming goes none of them really matter and I could care less, if they win this console war it isn't because they created a better gaming system for games, its because of things like this (so far).

Multiplayer for PS3 still sucks horribly. 360's multiplayer only sucks really badly. No that is not a typo.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm just trying to bash the PS3, I just don't see anything justifying its existence besides it being a cheap Blu-Ray player (which I don't need) and MGS4 (which in reality is probably all it needs, I can't wait) I only buy games for my 360 if its not coming out for PC though so I guess they are both failing to interest me very much. I need a damn Wii.