Is it just me or is the PS3 starting to look better than the 360?

Alpha

I was reading IGN lately and noticed the release dates for all the new games. I noticed that most, if not all 360 titles, were also being released for the PS3. Not only that, but the PS3 had quite a few exclusives that the 360 did not have.

Is it just me? What is the truth? Is the PS3 going to be the be all, end all, of the next few years? I also read that developers like the PS3 more because their media (Blu-Ray) type is not limited for game developing, as the 360 and Wii are. I'd like to know your thoughts. :P

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading IGN lately and noticed the release dates for all the new games. I noticed that most, if not all 360 titles, were also being released for the PS3. Not only that, but the PS3 had quite a few exclusives that the 360 did not have.

Is it just me? What is the truth? Is the PS3 going to be the be all, end all, of the next few years? I also read that developers like the PS3 more because their media (Blu-Ray) type is not limited for game developing, as the 360 and Wii are. I'd like to know your thoughts. :P

It's just you. Beer goggles always make things look better than they actually are.

Name some of these games please :P.

Sure.

This is Vegas

PS3/XB360

Destroy All Humans! Path of The Furon

PS3/XB360

Saboteur

PS3/XB360

Wheelman

PS3/XB360

Valkyria

PS3 ONLY

Prototype

PS3/XB360

Just Cause 2

PS3/XB360

Infamous

PS3 ONLY

Saints Row 2

PS3/XB360

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots

PS3 ONLY

NBA Ballers: Chosen One

PS3/XB360

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

PS3/XB360/PS2

Mafia II

PS3/XB360

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

PS3 ONLY

Which of those games will be better on the PS3? The 360 still has Live, and last I checked only Burnout Paradise actually looks better on Sony's machine out of all the multiplatform titles.

How many actually are better on the PS3 though? Out of all the multiplatform games out there only Burnout Paradise actually looks better on Sony's machine. Then if you were to factor in things like DLC, online communities etc, you'd find that those games are still better off on the 360.

As for exclusives, there you have MGS4 and GT5. The 360 still has things like Gears of War 2 coming out, not to mention the slew of existing exclusive titles. Or that MGS4 might slip to the 360 sometime.

I also read that developers like the PS3 more because their media (Blu-Ray) type is not limited for game developing, as the 360 and Wii are.

Finally, devs complaining about the lack of space on the 360? It's a myth. The only 2 developers who have said 'maybe' to having to use multiple DVD-9s in the future are Rockstar and id.

The Blu-ray thing is a curse if you ask me. Data has to be recycled, lengthy installs are becoming common, and loading is almost always longer.

So yes, to put it bluntly, the PS3 is still failing. Even if it does pick up steam it will never win at online. Home got delayed again (surprise surprise) and the pings you get in things like CoD4 and UT3 are obscene. Then there are all those things like friends, cross-game chat, achievements... Honestly all I can think of to be glad about owning a PS3 is that you'll have Darth Vader in SC4. Even then he will probably pop up as DLC at some point. Speaking of DLC *points to GTA4*... but then that's a whole other issue.

There is also the fact some companies still find the PS3 hard to develop for to a degree. There was also Kojima has said the PS3 was less then he expected once the team started to develop for it as oppose to the teaser trailer.

There is also the fact some companies still find the PS3 hard to develop for to a degree. There was also Kojima has said the PS3 was less then he expected once the team started to develop for it as oppose to the teaser trailer.

Although I'm tempted to chalk it up to Kojima just not being able to deliver, he has a good point. If anyone at any time were going to invest the manpower into getting the most out of the PS3's hard-to-program-for hardware, it would be Konami for MGS4. If even they were unable to get what they wanted out the machine, that is really saying something.