Attention Deficit Disorder - How do you deal with these people.

emsley

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ADD is boredom and a cash cow for the medical industry.

False. When my friend takes his medication there is a very noticeable difference. Have you noticed the difference when someone who's prescribed Adderall takes it versus someone who is not? It's totally different.

However, is it a cash cow and are the medications peddled? Yes.

Any drug has it's effect. I bet if you gave your friend a Placebo he'll act differently too. And all a Placebo is is a sugar pill.

I've eaten his pills on many occassions, they speed me up while they slow him down. It works like this for anyone... Concerta, Adderall, etc.

ADD and ADHD do not exist! If one were to listen to all teachers and doctors, 3/4 of the worlds population has 1 or the other, or both.

You know what DOES exist? A lack of proper stimulation and enough activity in a persons life, especially that of children. MANY "Professionals" such as teachers, blame children's behaviors on these made up disorders, when the fault lies in a lack of many key things that would keep them from having what appears to be the attention span of a hummingbird.

I think it's been stated already, but just because "professionals" tend to diagnose AD(H)D far more often than they should doesn't mean it doesn't exist. People like to think that some pills after a quick diagnosis, sometimes even just parents assuming their child has AD(H)D, is the cure for their problems, when a disease isn't the source of the issue at all.

At the same time, I'd like to think that a lot of mental "disabilities" don't actually exist, and that there's a mental disability to describe every minor sidestep for "normal" human behavior.

Why the fuk are all of you assholes? Just plain and simple ignore the guy. If you want to take a "man" perspective like the majority of the statements in here, then punch him, get it over with, instead of talking about it and finding another solution.