Attention Deficit Disorder - How do you deal with these people.

emsley

Im having to put up with one of these people that is becoming a pain in the ass.

Sadly I'm not talking about a child here. Im talking about a 21 old guy.

You ever encounter this or know the best way to deal with it?

i choose to ignore. But Am becoming increasingly close to punching the guy.

Which I dont want to do.. :lol:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changed it hope thats better...

Na seriosuly, what the hell Im tolerating behaviour that is aggressive and threatning, what would you do?

How I've always dealt with it is kind of ignore him... when my friend doesn't take his medication (which he doesn't anymore at all)... I just kind of let him talk my ear off.

Where is this taking place? Neighborhood? School? Work?

Here's something I've learned in life... no one likes confrontation. If you get in someone's face and you're half their size and you talk to them sternly, they back down. No matter how nerdy, short, ugly, whatever you are -- people back down feverishly. You need to confront him about being a douche bag... and if that doesn't work, go to someone of authority -- whoever it may be.

Changed it hope thats better...

Na seriosuly, what the hell Im tolerating behaviour that is aggressive and threatning, what would you do?

How I've always dealt with it is kind of ignore him... when my friend doesn't take his medication (which he doesn't anymore at all)... I just kind of let him talk my ear off.

Where is this taking place? Neighborhood? School? Work?

Here's something I've learned in life... no one likes confrontation. If you get in someone's face and you're half their size and you talk to them sternly, they back down. No matter how nerdy, short, ugly, whatever you are -- people back down feverishly. You need to confront him about being a douche bag... and if that doesn't work, go to someone of authority -- whoever it may be.

I agree. Kids I know with this order behave when an authority figure is in the house.

This guy is HITTING his girlfriend and sister and I can hear it all in the flat below me, the only trouble with me say "sorting him out." is that I allready have one conviction of assault against me and to get into any more trouble would result in most likely a setence..

This guy feeds of any attention you give him, he had the guile to say "Hes scared off me to his partner." and her been a douchy biatch promptly informed me of this..

Its like SHE is getting entertainment at teh same time.

If I bide my time Im pretty sure this guy will smack the girl again and eventually he will leave under his own steam, I might have to tolerate this untill he makes a msitake and smacks her again, no need to get my hands dirty right? :lol:

I still think they just need a good kicking :lol:

I've lived in two different cultures throughout my life. I've found that tolerance is a double edge sword. It complicates a problem if you tolerate or it alienates people if you don't. I think the best way is to let them know they are wrong and that they will not be tolerated but at the same time let them know that you will be their friends even if you chew them out once in a while.