+++ CoinOPS 2nd Quarter +++

BritneysPAIRS

Also, might just be a Midway thing - but after about 3-5 minutes of gameplay on Joust & Defender it flashes rainbow colors on the screen - then goes to the RAM OK ROM OK screen. Like it reboots. Could it be me hitting a certain combo of buttons?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently have a build sitting on PC that has issues sorted some keymapping sorted etc ... I can release this if people want.

But I have decided to scrap all the code of CoinOPS :( and 3rd quarter will include a whole new dat

I wish now to support people better, and this will allow me to look at autofire options, ive allready fixed screen tearing. I can fix games better add new ones and do stuff like change the keys to get out of games

Its about 30hours work so, it will be in Beta in 2 weeks but will allow for so much better bug fixing instead of cheap hack patchs to the main core. So soon ill support Front end and back end stuff.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

I currently have a build sitting on PC that has issues sorted some keymapping sorted etc ... I can release this if people want.

please release this build, because i wanted to use the sambe support. thanks.

But I have decided to scrap all the code of CoinOPS :thumbsup1: and 3rd quarter will include a whole new dat

I wish now to support people better, and this will allow me to look at autofire options, ive allready fixed screen tearing. I can fix games better add new ones and do stuff like change the keys to get out of games

Its about 30hours work so, it will be in Beta in 2 weeks but will allow for so much better bug fixing instead of cheap hack patchs to the main core. So soon ill support Front end and back end stuff.

That sounds like a big jump. Good luck with that. The ability to add new games would be an exciting improvement as I know of a lot of stuff that has been added since 0.84, or even games that were working in older builds that got knocked out by the newer core, the likes of MK. Having said that, I don't really care about MK because it is already working in 0.72. As kenshiro said in the FBAxxx thread, it's more important to him to try to add games that have never worked. I'll try to make a shortlist of games that you could maybe look into some day :(

Cores updated now....

stuff done

New Dats (Allowing complete backend editing now not just rom launcher editing)

Fixed Screen Tearing

Renamed every game not just the ones I choose

Renamed all Manufactures

Added Sort by Manufacture

Reorged the cheats and other menus

Fixed APB

Fixed Championsprint

Fixed Supersprint

Fixed Megatech games (Sonic Hedgehog 1 and 2)

Fixed Loadrunner dual screen newer versions to be 1 screen

Fixed a few issues

Tided up more wording

Stand alone BETA is avaible really soon to see what HK$ users want.

Then a rebuild to CoinOPS 3rd Quarter which will further tidy up all the stuff I have wanted to for ages but was to lasy (Screen Tearing was the one that bugged me the most, but it needed the 10-20hours work to fix it)

new.jpg

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Hey BP,

First off thanks again for your work on this. I'm playing retro-games I haven't seen in years. An issue with Robotron (possibly Willliams?) - when playing into the 5th & 6th levels (randomly) it will black screen for a second. Sound continues like in a loop - then screen says "All Roms OK, Ram test to follow". Its locked from there. I tried several of my Xbox's & they all eventually do the same. Any ideas....not complaining at all - just giving you info. Thanks again :ph34r:

Edited by stickman81