+++ CoinOPS 2nd Quarter +++

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

als is coinops mame romset 84u3? i dont recall which it is i wanted to track it down so i could add some games

Mame(d)ox is ported from 84u3 source but the roms needn't be from that exact set. Easiest way to get a pretty complete old working romset is to grab BAED3A from somewhere. Otherwise, even the roms from newer sets will usually work, unless they have been renamed, but then you can just un-rename them.

Be aware that you can only add 40 extra games too.

thats easy enough i have 152 kawaks dat and a 84 if i want to add a proper set i can thx. i have a complete xbox mame release years back that came with a mamedox or bendermame. so when command line is implemented i will launch games right from xbmc i might even use another xbox in a cabinet at that point.

Edited by mtsaint

sry for the double post i wanted to let you all know a bug i found. Tempest doesnt load it freezes up everytime can someone else confirm this?

Confirmed. Loads rom then freezes at blank screen. Locks up xbox, needing reboot.

is there anyway to get the roms working from a samba share? i tried changing disable networking to 0 from 1 in the ini and filling in the ip information but i just get a black screen when starting coinops.

is there anyway to get the roms working from a samba share? i tried changing disable networking to 0 from 1 in the ini and filling in the ip information but i just get a black screen when starting coinops.

I used SMB share on an older Mameox a while ago, like 0.74 or 0.75 and it worked ok. I set up the Mameox.ini in the TDATA folder for Coinops exactly as I had my old one, but it doesn't work. Just as you said, black screen, locks up. Maybe it's newer versions of Mameox that caused SMB not to work anymore and it's not specific to Coinops? Anyway, I found it used more memory and I was unable to play the more Ram-intensive roms. I guess it wouldn't do any harm to see it working again.