+++ CoinOPS 2nd Quarter +++

BritneysPAIRS

BritneysPAIRS, what is the real difference between usa roms and others? (europe-japan)

Off Topic.....

.Different game names eg. Souky/Terra Diver

.Intros - eg. FBI splash screen

.Language text/voice - eg. Chase HQ

.Default difficulty settings eg. Progear

.Censored sprites/text eg. Jojo, KOF2002

Gameplay-wise though, I don't think I have noticed any differences between regions of all the games that I've played. Unless you count the games that have a higher default difficulty set in certain regions.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know i asked before,but the capcom vs series can be a pain trying to do a super jump while trying to press 3 buttons at once.just my 2 cents. :)

Yes, a two/three button combination button would be welcomed. Another reason I use FBAxxx for CPS1/2 games is that it already has that feature. ie the ability to map a button for 3P or 3K.

EDIT : I always meant to ask about the FBAxxx Fast Forward/Rewind thing as it's really very handy for skipping past certain things. Would that be possible in Mameox, or is it already and I've missed it?

Edited by gavin19

i know i asked before,but the capcom vs series can be a pain trying to do a super jump while trying to press 3 buttons at once.just my 2 cents. :)

Yes, a two/three button combination button would be welcomed. Another reason I use FBAxxx for CPS1/2 games is that it already has that feature. ie the ability to map a button for 3P or 3K.

EDIT : I always meant to ask about the FBAxxx Fast Forward/Rewind thing as it's really very handy for skipping past certain things. Would that be possible in Mameox, or is it already and I've missed it?

As for "fast forward" you can map button\or button combinations to frameskip (set it higher shoudl make game move faster ;) )

As for "fast forward" you can map button\or button combinations to frameskip (set it higher shoudl make game move faster :) )

Yeah I tried that before but you have to press the mapped button several times to get it to speed up properly, then press the Frameskip Decrease button the exact same number of times to get it back to normal speed. It's a messy alternative, but it's still there I guess.

As for "fast forward" you can map button\or button combinations to frameskip (set it higher shoudl make game move faster :) )

Yeah I tried that before but you have to press the mapped button several times to get it to speed up properly, then press the Frameskip Decrease button the exact same number of times to get it back to normal speed. It's a messy alternative, but it's still there I guess.

Any chance of Metal Slug 6??

I take it you mean the Metal Slug 3 bootleg (mslug3b6) and not the actual Metal Slug 6 on Atomiswave?

If so, that one wasn't added until .105, a good bit later than the Xbox Mame core. It plays on FBAxxx just fine anyway. I'd rather see games that aren't playable on any emulator being added somehow.

Just had a quick run through and Dogyuun, Fireshark, and V-Five/Grindstormer are all missing but work, albeit without sound.

If I can find any more working shooters that have been missed I'll throw them up.