Final Fantasy Series Vs. The Legend of Zelda Series

Alpha

Final Fantasy Series Vs. The Legend of Zelda Series  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Final Fantasy, for a few reasons. First and foremost, play time. Final Fantasy games always leave me getting everything there is. which I have put in over 200 hours in FFXII. As for Zelda games, getting everything and finishing it off, takes but a fraction of the time. Which of course is a reflection on the games story... Without an extensive story, your left with no emotional attachment to the characters. When I play FF, I'm all like "O yea biatch? Eat this, and take bosses out with extreme pregidous. But with Zelda games, I just hack away at whatever. The Zelda story lines are TOO similar. Carbon Copies, that practically have the same boss. You get boomerang, you get grappleshot, you get master sword.

And on top of this... the thing that bothers me most about Zelda games... is the difficulty level. IT'S TOO EASY!!! Sure, FF games are no prob, but if you blow through it, and are lower than the suggested level, it's more of a challenge. With Zelda, it's too simple... It's a childs game. They need to have some decent AI. You know, enemies that don't do the same routine over and over. Like, if you were to do something, they might try a counter. They need a battle engine, that has something to it. Not this obvious opening, then capitalization BS, where you do it 3 times, then it's dead. Like an Onimusha "Dawn of Dreams" or Devil may cry, meets Zelda. Those games require more involvement in battling. That would be bad ass. And if they made the world bigger, and stopped relying on same 'ole same BS that they always have. flock Gahnon, flock Epona. Twilight Princess was cool, but it too, had the same 'ole same feel. I want a NEW CHAPTER in Zelda. Where Link ant no female organ biatch. And he is out for owning fools. I'm tellin ya, Mix Zelda, with Onimusha Dawn of Dreams, and perhaps enhance on other fundamentals, then you have a game.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather compare Zelda with Mario.

Not that good of a comparison either.

If you say Zelda series of games are RPG's cause you talk to people and collect money you could just as easily say the forum attack system is an RPG cause you talk to people and collect money.

If you say Zelda series of games are RPG's cause you talk to people and collect money you could just as easily say the forum attack system is an RPG cause you talk to people and collect money.

You also gain experience and level up, which increases your statistics.

You also gain experience and level up, which increases your statistics.

their's that word again.....Statistics

I would say an RPG is based on stats. plus a good story. It's hard to define what a RPG is exactly, the literal definition is any game where you take control of a role of one of the characters. So I guess Contra could be an RPG too by that definition.

RPGs in the first place, come from the old PnP days (a.k.a WAAAAAAAAY before I was born), in which you had your character sheet and his/her stats with your items, spells and abilities etc etc. A good story? A pre-made campaign or one all made up of your own. A great character? You make the decisions on that or use a pre-made. Western RP games are more in tradition to how RPGs are in the first place. A sandbox setting where you have the freedom to do whatever you want, with character creation and direction.

Main fact is RPGs rely on stats. Numbers, how you roll, point system, all the same, they effect how well your character does. This is just the tip of the iceberg, as their are many varations on the rules, there is no one set to follow. It could be Strength, Agility, Wisdom for one and Power, Speed and Smarts for another. It can be as easy or complex either way you look at it. You can easily just replace a level up system with skill ranks with a point buy system. Which of course, govern all class skills, such as accuracy, speed etc. (FF fans should think of it as how FF10 with it's Grid System was. No leveling, just ranks for various magics, skills and overall improvement.

RPGs in the first place, come from the old PnP days (a.k.a WAAAAAAAAY before I was born), in which you had your character sheet and his/her stats with your items, spells and abilities etc etc. A good story? A pre-made campaign or one all made up of your own. A great character? You make the decisions on that or use a pre-made. Western RP games are more in tradition to how RPGs are in the first place. A sandbox setting where you have the freedom to do whatever you want, with character creation and direction.

Main fact is RPGs rely on stats. Numbers, how you roll, point system, all the same, they effect how well your character does. This is just the tip of the iceberg, as their are many varations on the rules, there is no one set to follow. It could be Strength, Agility, Wisdom for one and Power, Speed and Smarts for another. It can be as easy or complex either way you look at it. You can easily just replace a level up system with skill ranks with a point buy system. Which of course, govern all class skills, such as accuracy, speed etc. (FF fans should think of it as how FF10 with it's Grid System was. No leveling, just ranks for various magics, skills and overall improvement.

Well said, Wizard :D This is the origin of RPG, way before any RPG games ever come out to the PC or consoles. Role-playing games; where you took up a role that you want to play in a certain set setting and live

the characters out