Final Fantasy Series Vs. The Legend of Zelda Series

Alpha

Final Fantasy Series Vs. The Legend of Zelda Series  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might not be an RPG, but it has RPG like elements.

Finally someone speaks the truth.

Well it's true. RPGs rely on statistics, which Zelda doesn't. You can almost run through the whole game just having your sword and shield and 3-5 hearts.

If this ain't proof that you're a load of crap then I don't know what else will.

Well it's true. RPGs rely on statistics, which Zelda doesn't. You can almost run through the whole game just having your sword and shield and 3-5 hearts.

If this ain't proof that you're a load of crap then I don't know what else will.

Then tell me genius, or do I have go as low as you and call you a faggot?

Zelda has zero RPG elements. Not one. It's action adventure. The game focuses on puzzle solving and killing things in generic action game style. I'm interested in hearing where in this game there is anything similar to an RPG.

You can claim that , Ruppee's = Gil. Talking to Villagers with Chat Boxes for hints = RPG Element. Items and Weapons, etc...

But then that would make games like DMC an RPG...which is a HackNSlash.

That would also mean that Sonic The Hedgehog (360) is an RPG, but it's an action/adventure...

You could go on....

Zelda has zero RPG elements. Not one. It's action adventure. The game focuses on puzzle solving and killing things in generic action game style. I'm interested in hearing where in this game there is anything similar to an RPG.

I agree.

But

Virtually all games (bar sports games maybe) have RPG elements, but having these elements doesn't make them RPGs. What makes an RPG is the inclusion of a dedicated character stats system. Zelda doesn't have stats, and neither do a plethora of other games - but they still have some RPG elements.

Then tell me genius, or do I have go as low as you and call you a faggot?

Hold your horses. There's no need to take it to the next level. This is just a simple discussion. :o

I'm not saying the LoZ series is a full RPG but they do have aspects of them that everyone refuses to acknowledge because you don't physically see your stats or get experience points from defeating enemies or that it's not turned based. That basing a game if it's an RPG off those criteria is retarded.

RPGs rely on statistics

This is what I was referring to as being a load of crap.