Final Fantasy Series Vs. The Legend of Zelda Series

Alpha

Final Fantasy Series Vs. The Legend of Zelda Series  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've personally never played any of the Final Fantasy games. It's something I simply never got to. For one, I didn't have a Playstation, and I never desired for it with my Nintendo's. The only role playing games that I've learned to love are all from The Legend of Zelda series. I have a strong desire to play Final Fantasy VII to this day, but I know I'll be playing Zelda games for many years to come.

So based on your experience (obviously not mine), what series did you think was and is better?

Choose your destiny.

Final Fantasy Series (not just VIII as in picture below)

finalfantasy8ntscfrontdu5.jpg

VS.

The Legend of Zelda Series

zeldaocarinaec0.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see them equally, they both have millions of games, and some games don't even have a link to other games. It is also hard to understand their story lines and whatnot, but I would say Final Fantasy, only because I've played more FF games than Zelda games.

I think Final Fantasy overall have more to show than Zelda since every Final Fantasy game is bit different. But I also enjoy Zelda because you expect the same things only in a better form with some improvements. But I think overall I have more hours on Zelda games than Final Fantasy.

Even though you should never pit different genre's against each other, Zelda.

How are they different genres? Doesn't it boil down to two RPG series'?

Final Fantasy. Better music, storylines and epicness, even if the latter two aspects stray onto ridiculous tangents once in a while. Oh yeah, plus battle/gameplay mechanics started to shows much-needed variety and ideas after Final Fantasy VI.

But like Tynvar said, both series excellent, with their strong points and weaknesses.

Zelda games are more like Action Adventure games that have RPG based elements put into the game. I don't think there is one Zelda game, where the character can actually "Level Up".

Legend of Zelda 2 had more RPG elements, while still a good game, the complaints made them change it for LOZ3. But agreed, both series genres are completely different. Zelda games for the longest time, have been Action-Adventure. It's very straight forward in problem solving puzzles and actions, RPGs tend to be more akin to Pen & Paper games, with static-driven gameplay. Such as grinding your levels to fight a boss.