do you guys still use emulators?

fumanchu

Heck, I'm using my PSP more than I use my X360! If I'm bored with PSP games, i can just turn to homebrew & emulation goodness. if not, I can listen to songs, or watch a movie or two on it, if I feel like it. Definetly a plus when you have to accompany your girlfriend sleeping :o

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I haven't been using the emulators as much recently. I have been playing console games and such. I still need to beat "Super Metroid Redesign" which is awesome... really, If you haven't played it, give it a shot. I have the 'ole XboX modded with MamedOX OS platinum 2 or however you say it. So EM and I will play some shooters, or Puzzle fighter on occasion. Other than that, My emulators are on hold. They are mainly there, when I get the hankering for some old school. Ever get the urge to play some Pirates Gold? Or Gunstar Heroes? I do. Perhaps one day... I will have all games, ALL GAMES!!! MUHAHAHA

I have the basics, Mame, ZSNES, Nesticle?, Genx, and NeoRageX. Too bad Saturn Eulation sucks... I cant get it working worth a damn!!! I do so want to play some Guardian Heroes!!!!!!!!!

I'm still using neorageX cause SNK rules. Other than that I'm using VBA to catch up with games I haven't finished yet.

The problem is there aren't any decent emulators for the new systems - the ones that have new games...

I have the basics, Mame, ZSNES, Nesticle?, Genx, and NeoRageX. Too bad Saturn Eulation sucks... I cant get it working worth a damn!!! I do so want to play some Guardian Heroes!!!!!!!!!

You really need to update your emulators, MAME, ZSNES and maybe NeoRAGEx are still fine, but damn, switch Nesticle to either Nestopia of FCEUltra (even though Nesticle does have some novelty value).

As for the Saturn, two emulators are worth your time: SSF and Satourne. Satourne loses pretty hard when comparing, but SSF needs a fast computer. Plus, you get ST-V emulation as a bonus.

I think "still" is an interesting word in that question. If one's in an age, he owned a native SNES or similar consoles the answer mostly is "yes". I won't miss my ZSNES, cause a pretty big bunch of SNES games is still better than various nameful games released nowadays. No graphic issues or low framerates. Just game fun.

I'm still using neorageX cause SNK rules. Other than that I'm using VBA to catch up with games I haven't finished yet.

Aye, should reinstall neorage, too. Somehow never run properly with several games. :P

Is Super Metroid Redesign the one where they changed the physics engine to properly match the mass of the planet? Cause that crap is hard.

Well yea, the jumping physics are quite different. This game forced me into buying controllers for my PC. Was weird at first, but you get used to it. But I tell ya, "Redesign" is amazing. The entire world is redesigned, and things are trickier... Things in places, you really really gotta search well sometimes. Id recommend playing it through...

You really need to update your emulators, MAME, ZSNES and maybe NeoRAGEx are still fine, but damn, switch Nesticle to either Nestopia of FCEUltra (even though Nesticle does have some novelty value).

As for the Saturn, two emulators are worth your time: SSF and Satourne. Satourne loses pretty hard when comparing, but SSF needs a fast computer. Plus, you get ST-V emulation as a bonus.

Well my PC has issues with the both of them. This was the topic, that led me to 1Emulation. Things didn't go so well for my Saturn needs...