Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Super Heroes

Boon scrapped the Gears of War-esque MK8 to focus on MKvDC. I stole this story because of the rather apt picture provided.

marcus_zero.jpg

At last year's Midway Gamers Day, Mortal Kombat co-creator and series overlord Ed Boon talked up the then-unnamed eighth entry in the franchise. Boon described Mortal Kombat 8 at the time as "very dark, serious" and "gritty" take on the series, a back to basics reboot that was free of "vibrant, saturated colors." It was said to be heavily inspired by the look of Gears of War.

Obviously, that didn't quite happen; Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe did. Boon said that the down and dirty MK8 was scrapped when the DC Comics deal solidified.

The way he talks about a visual style really shows Boon doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. To reiterate my last post, flock Ed Boon.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5026290/ed-boon-we-scrap...mortal-kombat-8

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching some of the E3 highlights on G4TV, I noticed that the gameplay becomes repetitive. The fighting system reminds me of the one from Armageddon where the air combat looked stupid. They have this, along with pointless and gameplay disturbing sequences that take the joy out of a regular fight. I think that the stage destruction has been taken a bit too far, it seems that you can knock a person down a cliff or to another area more than 5 times in one single fight, and the mid air combat seems dull and uninspired. The combos look more awkward than fluid, and they aren't anything like the combo system we had in MK 3 persay. This game will most likely suck, along with the previous installments. What they should have done, was make some sort of a sequel to Shaolin Monks, which actually was a worthy installment into the MK series, and make the storyline focus on the MK 3 video game. They could had also made an entire new upgrade to MK Trilogy, add more of the characters from MK II and 1, upgrade the graphics to look even better than the Arcade port of UMK3, add a nice leader and score board, and put it on XBLA, and PSN. That would be nicer than this game, I couldn't imagine paying $10 for this game, let alone $60.

After watching some of the E3 highlights on G4TV, I noticed that the gameplay becomes repetitive. The fighting system reminds me of the one from Armageddon where the air combat looked stupid. They have this, along with pointless and gameplay disturbing sequences that take the joy out of a regular fight. I think that the stage destruction has been taken a bit too far, it seems that you can knock a person down a cliff or to another area more than 5 times in one single fight, and the mid air combat seems dull and uninspired. The combos look more awkward than fluid, and they aren't anything like the combo system we had in MK 3 persay. This game will most likely suck, along with the previous installments. What they should have done, was make some sort of a sequel to Shaolin Monks, which actually was a worthy installment into the MK series, and make the storyline focus on the MK 3 video game. They could had also made an entire new upgrade to MK Trilogy, add more of the characters from MK II and 1, upgrade the graphics to look even better than the Arcade port of UMK3, add a nice leader and score board, and put it on XBLA, and PSN. That would be nicer than this game, I couldn't imagine paying $10 for this game, let alone $60.

QFT. I'd definitely love a new 2D dream match. Personally I'd also include all the characters up till Armageddon in 2D glory.

Hmm, look like Armageddon but more polish graphics and same gameplay. Still, I do not like Mortal Kombat that much but I am in need of a fighting game to play so, i might get this just for the sake :thumbsup1: