Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Super Heroes

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already smelled epic phailure the first time I heard there won't be fatalities in MKvDC, hell with fatalities at least it's worth a try but then again, Armgeddon marked a new level of failure with it's stupid "Kreate-a-Fatality" *sigh*. The first time I saw gameplay footage is the minute I already knew this going to turn out to be another Deadly Alliance cross over and not to mention a bad cross over.

The only way to save this disaster from coming out is drop this whole 3D project and go back to old school. Yes, it's still not to late to reuse the digitalized pre-rendered 3D engine to make DC character sprites then up the ante on the graphic department by cleaning the UMK3 character sprites then add in new fatalities then there you go, a game that worth a shot, could be a classic for all we know.

but no... we're getting another Deadly alliance, Deception or Armageddon clone excuse of an engine with some crossover characters. BOOOOO

Yes, it's still not to late to reuse the digitalized pre-rendered 3D engine to make DC character sprites then up the ante on the graphic department by cleaning the UMK3 character sprites then add in new fatalities then there you go, a game that worth a shot, could be a classic for all we know.

In HD!

Yes, it's still not to late to reuse the digitalized pre-rendered 3D engine to make DC character sprites then up the ante on the graphic department by cleaning the UMK3 character sprites then add in new fatalities then there you go, a game that worth a shot, could be a classic for all we know.

In HD!

IN 1080p !! omgomgomgomgo

seriously, Ed Boon, you fucked up after MK Trilogy and now your making it worst.

I already smelled epic phailure the first time I heard there won't be fatalities in MKvDC, hell with fatalities at least it's worth a try but then again, Armgeddon marked a new level of failure with it's stupid "Kreate-a-Fatality" *sigh*. The first time I saw gameplay footage is the minute I already knew this going to turn out to be another Deadly Alliance cross over and not to mention a bad cross over.

The only way to save this disaster from coming out is drop this whole 3D project and go back to old school. Yes, it's still not to late to reuse the digitalized pre-rendered 3D engine to make DC character sprites then up the ante on the graphic department by cleaning the UMK3 character sprites then add in new fatalities then there you go, a game that worth a shot, could be a classic for all we know.

but no... we're getting another Deadly alliance, Deception or Armageddon clone excuse of an engine with some crossover characters. BOOOOO

The game DOES have fatalities.

http://kotaku.com/381302/mk-v-dc-has-littl...d-no-fatalities the last I read about MKvDC

Guess they changed their mind then, well I still think it's going to be as worst or even worser than the fatalities on MKDA-MKA since they wanted to have less blood and wanted to achieve a T-rated game; 13 and up (seriously?).

Contrary to the initial announcement, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe will have (some) Fatalities; though less blood and a Teen rating remain

I'm forced to echo Mago's opinion really.

Personally I think Midway should reboot the series lore-wise, fire that idiot in charge of lore and go back to old school 2D in HD. Change the system to something like Ninja Master's (unarmed or armed combat whenever you feel like it with little difference on the balance but slightly different combos) and fill it with special moves. Go for M rating and have shitloads of blood and gore and sprites that have visible damage marks on them and there ya go. Also enough of the console-only bullshit, bring it back to PC and give it online play and leaderboards and we're set.

Personally I think Midway should reboot the series lore-wise, fire that idiot in charge of lore and go back to old school 2D in HD. Change the system to something like Ninja Master's (unarmed or armed combat whenever you feel like it with little difference on the balance but slightly different combos) and fill it with special moves. Go for M rating and have shitloads of blood and gore and sprites that have visible damage marks on them and there ya go. Also enough of the console-only bullshit, bring it back to PC and give it online play and leaderboards and we're set.

Funny story; that wanker Ed Boon promised exactly that when Armageddon was announced- it was the last gen dream match before the wiped the slate clean with a new storyline, new engine and everything.

Instead he pulls another Sub-Zero / Scorpion game with the exact same technology as before. But with new licenses!

flock Ed Boon. I hate that man.