Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Super Heroes

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sub-Zero has never had a teleport move, ever, in any form.

Actually, I found it. He gets a teleport move in MK: Mythologies. You need it to beat Shinok (ancient issues of Nintendo Power ftw).

Edited by Chibi Kami

Sub-Zero has never had a teleport move, ever, in any form.

Actually, I found it. He gets a teleport move in MK: Mythologies. You need it to beat Shinok (ancient issues of Nintendo Power ftw).

Err no. To beat Shinnok, you need to freeze him, run through portals on either side of the stage to get behind him, and then grab his amulet.

I'll say it again. Sub-Zero has never had a teleport move.

from the trailer it looks like the fighting engine is at least overhauled. I didn't notice any style switching or weapons. and it looks a lot smoother then previous games in the series.

I never had a problem with MD: DA, MKD or MKA. I have no idea why they've been blasted as being shity. The only thing I hated about MKA was the make your own generic fatality.

Thanks Side for the trailer, here it is embedded;

I think this looks awful. It isn't an overhaul at all really- this is the PS2-era MK engine rehashed with high resolutions. The animation is still clunky and just plain bad, the modeling is alright but the animation fails it.

Basically for anyone who didn't like MKDA-MKA but are hoping this one turns it around, don't get your hopes up. This was the chance to fix what was the worst fighting engine in gaming, but it seems like that stupid MK Team spent their money on licensing instead of, oh, making a batter game.

Another gimmicky entry in the MK series- it will be just as unplayable and is surviving off the DC hook to get people interested. Sad. Just sad.

the worst fighting engine in gaming

[rant name=Side' date='Jul 13 2008, 12:37 AM' post='2332452]

This statement is completely true on all levels, ClayFighter is more enjoyable than this tripe. Fans can create better Mortal Kombat games than Midway. This makes absolutely so sense whatsoever, I am simultaneously befuddled, unsurprisingly surprised, and livid, that one of my most cherished fighting games has gone down the commode. No longer can I publicly say "Get Over Here!", and gain the satisfaction of people staring at me with an eerily facial expression, when Midway is making complete sh!t reeking games, where Scorpion is fighting against a DC comics character. The Mortal Kombat characters, who drink blood daily, are fighting against sunny day and dogs barking outside superheros in Hell. Some snotty nose kid with the imagination of spilled glass of milk, has thought of the most asinine concept of Scorpion, (a hell-spawned, blood seeking revenant), fighting against some mortal who dresses in spandex and uses various gadgets to travel around the skycrapers of Gotham City. Is Mortal Kombat generally the only American originated fighting game in existence that has gained commercial success? If so, then Midway has let down all American fans, and have proved that Japanese fighting game franchises generally rule supreme.

[/rant]