Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Super Heroes

My last tether of affection toward the MK brand dies now;

Do you still remember one of the very first rumors that hit the net. Exactly!!! It was that the next Mortal Kombat game (currently known as Mortal Kombat :) is going to be a Versus title, combining both Mortal Kombat and DC characters. However time has passed and this rumor was forgotten. But today it was made clear that this rumor is true.

image01.jpg

In preparation for Midway Gamer's Day, that is in just a few days, Midway has added the next Mortal Kombat game in the list of titles that are going to be released in the second half of the year. The game is listed as:

Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe

This means that we are really going to get a "VS" Mortal Kombat game.

What effect is all this going to have on the Mortal Kombat community is to early to predict.

Keep an eye on Mortal Kombat Secrets. We will update with more information as soon as we find out more.

And remember you heard this news first here at Mortal Kombat Secrets - The most informative Mortal Kombat website on the net.

Less than 72 hours from today, Mortal Kombat fans will finally know where Midway will take the direction of the company's most prized critical and financial jewel. This Thursday in Las Vegas, the destiny of one of the longest and most successful franchises in video game history will be revealed to the public at the first Midway Gamers' Day event of 2008.

'Mortal Kombat 8', the first Mortal Kombat game to grace the Microsoft Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3, will feature an entirely new formula where nothing from the previous seven fighting games is considered sacred. It is already well known that the Mortal Kombat Team is looking to start from scratch and rebuild the franchise upon a completely different foundation. From the art direction to the fighting game-mechanics, the Unreal Engine 3 based fighter promises to be nothing we have ever seen before.

While we prepare to head out to Las Vegas to cover this momentous occasion live to you, we scrounged our sources for any last bit of hints to what Midway will reveal this Thursday. Our sources who revealed to us late last year that the next-gen title will feature another well known intellectual property, have reiterated their stance and have heard even more signs that this is indeed the direction that the series will be taking. Granted, the information is still considered rumor, but industry chatter expects to see the series team up with another established brand in some form or fashion. How much integration can we expect? Insiders are tight-lipped but those who have seen the character models and environments are expecting the public to be amazed, if not blown away.

Will the rumor and speculation end up being true? Or have the spry ninjas within Midway's halls leaked a juicy rumor to throw us off the scent? All will be revealed soon this Thursday as we travel to Las Vegas to witness in person the live reveal and get a chance to sit down and talk with the developers about what was just unleashed upon the public. Keep it here at TRMK throughout the entire day on Thursday for any early developments. But most importantly, set an appointment for 7:00 PM CDT for our live event coverage of the Midway Gamers' Day presentation. Get your imagination ready as we will attempt to take ideas for questions later in the evening during the reveal!

Now this is just the most cohesive post I could find, but this sh!t has splattered all over the net now. There are other less Photoshoppy images around, but have been pulled down and are easy enough to find if you look.

If you care for any of this rumourmongering you can check the relevant threads at MKSecrets, Mortal Kombat Online, and TRMK. The truth should come out - hoax or not - in the next few hours. Too bad I will be at work the whole time :/

Anyway the whole MK Vs. DC thing needed a thread at 1Emu so here it is. I'll close by saying that MK has now officially died in the arse. I was expecting a gritty return to MK2 form and instead I get this sh!t? flock you Midway. If I see Boon crossing the street I will just say I'm Australian and thought I was driving on the right side.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically the MK series was never a patch on the likes of SF anyway. Take away the blood/fatalities etc and it was pretty mediocre. Don't get me wrong, I think I sold a kidney at the time to buy it for the SNES, and loved it; but as a straight fighter it wasn't even as deep as half the old NeoGeo stuff.