CPS3 emulator help

Hi

I downloaded the CPS3 emulator V1.0a. But I can’t find any options, how to load game on it. Or if I have the ROM where can I put them. In the main directory there I can see only two folders NVDATA and plugins. I have the rom called street fighter iii new generation, so how can I load it on CPS3 Emulator v1.0a

Someone please help

Thanks.

Create a folder for your roms, put the romset in there. Open emulator.ini and change Dir1= under [RomDirs] to point to your newly-created directory/folder.

i dont know about pc emulators,as i use the xbox.but shouldnt you make a folder called roms and put your roms into the folder.

edit/agozer beat me to it,no fair.

Edited by fumanchu

Create a folder for your roms, put the romset in there. Open emulator.ini and change Dir1= under [RomDirs] to point to your newly-created directory/folder.

:)

I have created the new rom directory and edit the file called emulator configuration settings. And put my rom directory name I:\str under the [RomDirs]. but when I am trying to load rom its says there are missing files.

need more help please.

thanks.

Then your missing files. CPS3 emulator uses different romsets from both MAME and NFBA.

IIRC, ElSemi added CHD and MAME set support in later version, in addition to those CPS3Emulator-specific NOCD sets.

Then your missing files. CPS3 emulator uses different romsets from both MAME and NFBA.

So which kind of ROMs do I need in order to play in cps3 emulator? Street fighter 3rd strikes support by mame, so is it works in cps3 emulator? I am sure no files are missing in my ROMs folder.

Shall I try mame ROMs?

Somebody please explain more for the CPS3 emulator V1.0a configuration. It should be very helpful.

Exactly what I need to do to edit the emulator configuration setting txt file.

thanks.

Edited by powermax

I believe I already told you what you need to edit. There is nothing more you need to touch. Besides, the ini file even tells you what the different options in there do.

I believe I already told you what you need to edit. There is nothing more you need to touch. Besides, the ini file even tells you what the different options in there do.

OK enough; thanks.

I am new user of the cps3 emulator that’s why I’m asking so many questions. But I done everything that the other users told me to do. I can’t fix my problem. Whatever, this time I think I got every information from everyone to fix my problem. I will try again and again, let see what happened or what was wrong.

Thanks everybody. :D

Just remember that there are two different "sets of sets" that CPS3Emulator supports; the sets that are emulator specific (to my understanding) and work in CPS3 emulator as is: the NOCD versions - meaning that the CHD files are not needed.

Then there are the MAME sets that require CHD files.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys i just got the emulatior and i downloaded the roms but im missing the only roms that havent got numbers, so if anyone can link me where to get those i would be so greatfull.

Thank you