For the first person to be working on a new version of FBA-XXX

Actually, strike that 1fps comment. I modified it further and managed to get Bonk's Running at a steady 59.97 fps. ^^

awesome!! :devilboy: cant wait to try that!! and all this on the xbox? :D wow iq you and kenshiro are making one pretty anxious release!! that's awesome, was this on xbox with no filters or did you have filters on with it just out of curiosity?

HF-

AWSOME! :rolleyes:

No filters of any sort. I did some more testing, the game drops to 55fps on the second level, but back up to ~59 after that. The speedup is related to the way the backgrounds are drawn, so any backgrounds that are "busy" will definitely drop the speed significantly. I suppose I should look at a few other things to see if I can squeeze 5-10 fps more out and make it a rock-solid 60fps, but I can't honestly say I'm that interested.

oh come on now iq!! :P j/k thats cool if you dont want to, i just hope that you do! that would be awesome. Bonk's adventure is a great game everyone should like. Hope you can get a minute to take a look at it iq.

either way, great job guys!!! :P

Without filtering it now runs at a solid 59.94 fps. It never drops afaik. :)

Any software filtering at all will definitely reduce that though.

The Turbo Outrun bug has me kind of stumped atm, but I'm fairly certain that has to do with the old musashi 68k core fba-xxx uses. I'll have to continue working on getting VS to stop being a whore and compile the core from standard fba.

I suppose I need to bother kenshiro for a bug list and see if I can't help him start knocking some of them out as well.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(...)

(...)

HELL YEAH.

Filters should never been invented at all.

If I could have one single magic wish (from the genie of the lamp) for sure I would pick -

"Make all traces of filters on emulators to be eradicated from the face of the Earth for the rest of the eternity... and turn to stone all of those who use them!"

Ha ha ha.

It's nice to wake up at 05:57 AM!

:lol:

Cospefogo.

The Turbo Outrun bug has me kind of stumped atm, but I'm fairly certain that has to do with the old musashi 68k core fba-xxx uses. I'll have to continue working on getting VS to stop being a whore and compile the core from standard fba.

I suppose I need to bother kenshiro for a bug list and see if I can't help him start knocking some of them out as well.

I'm going to write a bug list and referenced all the known problems (unfortunaly there's really nasty things), i noticed problem with few others drivers who use Musashi and can't definitly work in the build :lol:

well guys your doing a good jod weve already games added that werent playable on xbox before so keep up the good work. :lol:

im still stoked over bonk's adventure pretty much running full speed on an xbox. Thought i would never see the day!! :)

HF-

(...)

(...)

HELL YEAH.

Filters should never been invented at all.

If I could have one single magic wish (from the genie of the lamp) for sure I would pick -

"Make all traces of filters on emulators to be eradicated from the face of the Earth for the rest of the eternity... and turn to stone all of those who use them!"

Ha ha ha.

It's nice to wake up at 05:57 AM!

:lol:

Cospefogo.

Some filters can improve the look of a game 100% without ever affecting it's performance. Each to their own :)

hey mr kenshiro still anticipating news from you, i check this thread 4-5 times a day lol :rolleyes:

i cant stress enough all the great work you have done and how much time you have put into this. just want to say you are very appreciated!!! :clapping:

HF-

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

hey mr kenshiro still anticipating news from you, i check this thread 4-5 times a day lol :clapping:

i cant stress enough all the great work you have done and how much time you have put into this. just want to say you are very appreciated!!! :clapping:

HF-

Yes, I already told you guys...

We must build a statue for Mr. Kenshirou!

:rolleyes:

Cospefogo.

hey mr kenshiro still anticipating news from you, i check this thread 4-5 times a day lol :clapping:

HF-

:clapping:

Cospefogo.

lets do it then cospefogo! ill make sure there is an lcd screen in the chest of the statue so we can play street fighter 1 too! :rolleyes:

HF-

hey mr kenshiro still anticipating news from you, i check this thread 4-5 times a day lol :)

i cant stress enough all the great work you have done and how much time you have put into this. just want to say you are very appreciated!!! :)

HF-

;)

Cospefogo.

lets do it then cospefogo! ill make sure there is an lcd screen in the chest of the statue so we can play street fighter 1 too! :clapping:

HF-

I can understand you're excited by all that stuff, i was myself excited like an animal when i saw that Djongh was working on the 1.29 version :D

But just keep in mind that i'm not a hardcoder, i mean that the more technical stuff and hardest things were done by iq_132 ;) , like Bonk's optimization for example.

So if someone need a statue here, it's definitly not me :ph34r: I'm not saying to build one for iq ( i think i start to know him, probably he would crap on it or destroy it with TNT lol :lol: )

One other thing, concerning Street Fighter :ph34r: : it's an entiere work done by iq (moreover unfinished), and he's of course free to do what he wants with that stuff, i mean i didn't see on this forum that's he said this driver will be in the next FBA-XXX Pro :huh:

That's say, unfortunally like ever i can't speaking like i want due to my english level :ph34r: , i hope nobody will be confused by this post.

Edited by - kenshiro -

Hi Kenshiro,

Thank you for all the hard work that you and iq132 are doing for that build.

If you need someone in order to test HD mode (720p I mean), I can do that for you. 720p is a bit buggy in fba-xxx pro 1.28 causing the emu to often crash (esp-ra-de doesn't display sprites and sometimes crash when returning to menu for example).

I think Gogo latest's build fixed some trouble by adding and optimizing vmm for all games (CPS2, neo geo, cave) so that the emu can't run out of memory. He also speaked about destroying totally the gui when lauching a game.

The trouble is I wasn't able to find the source of that latest release. (didn't took the time to look at xbins...).

In my skin, I tried to compress images as much as possible (using pngout plugin for irfan view) but I don't think that's the only problem.

By the way, did you set a new folder for saving the ini in TDATA and UDATA so that we can try it out without screwing our current fba-xxx pro 1.28 settings ?

Let me know if I can help (I speak french :ph34r: ).

Be sure that your (and iq132) work is greatly appreciated. It's great to see that xbox1 scene is not totally dead.

Thanks !